Axillo

Reaction score
View attachment 221928

I have decided to start a game as mid-table Championship side, Blackpool FC.
I have struggled to get into and enjoy a game on FM12 so I hope I can enjoy this save and share it with you so you can enjoy it also. I wont bore you with details, as this will hold up my progress in game (and im lazy!) so my story starts July 2011, where I have recently signed a contract as new manager of Blackpool Football Club, I will take you up to 2012 in this post...

Pre-Season

I have told the board I expect us to finish in the top half of the table and for this they have given me a transfer budget of 4million with which I feel we can deffinately achieve our goals and hopefully bring in the quality of player that can help us push for a play-off position.
In terms of friendlies I have five arranged all varying in strength of opposition. I wont pay much attention to the scoreline but I hope to use these as a team building and tactical trialing.

Pre season results:
View attachment 221921

Good pre season for us with a couple of players really standing out.
Kevin Phillips in particular seems to still be able to score even at his age, and in defence Craig Cathcart was dominant in every game and never let anybody beat him in the air.
The team are starting to get used to my tactic and with high match preparation I am hoping to see huge improvements shortly.

Transfers

Despite scoring alot of goals in pre season I still felt we lacked talent in the final third. I play a 4231 and needed quality attacking midfielders and strikers. So this would be my main priority in the transfer market.

Transfers In:
View attachment 221926

I was really happy to complete the signing of Spas Delev, he is a quality versatile player. He can play AML/R and ST so I expect huge things from him this season. I also managed to get a few loanees in, including Jamie Mackie who is also versatile and can play at a higher level than this. In terms of outgoings I didnt really want to sell any top players as im not in the business of becoming a weaker team.

Transfers out:
View attachment 221925

We look well prepared for the season and I was happy with the make up of my squad. A sense of optimism filled the air of Bloomfield Road and we was ready for the season to begin.

August league fixtures

View attachment 221919

A great month that seen us only drop points in one game against Derby in a game that I thought we should have won. Billy Clarke seems to be on fire this month and Spas Delev has also been impressive.

September league fixtures

View attachment 221927

Spas Delev continued his great form and the team continue to pick up great points.
Ricardo Fuller who had been poor, managed to score his first league goal for us which was satisfying and we were all delighted for him.

October league fixtures

View attachment 221924

A 100% record this month with huge performances from Bojan Djordjic and Kevin Phillips both coming into the team only through injury. Djordjic had been placed on the transfer list and offered to clubs in pre season due to his attitude towards me, But he has came into the team and been phenomenal.

November league fixtures

View attachment 221923

Our great form continues and new signing Spas Delev was great this month, putting in top class performances and chipping in with some goals. I am also impressed with our defence. Unfortuneately it seems that other clubs are also interested as my back 4 all have clubs interested in them.

December league fixtures

View attachment 221920

No unbeaten run can last forever, and we finally lose away to Ipswich. In all it wasn't a bad month as we played against Portsmouth who were battling it out with us at the top of the table. Spas Delev was just hitting form and I hoped for more to come in the new year.

2011 League Cup results

View attachment 221922

I'm not too dissapointed with the way things have gone in the Cup, I never expected my team to win it and my main focus was the league.
One highlight was the 5-0 thrashing of Cardiff, in which Kevin Phillips scored a wonderful hat-trick.

End of 2011 League table

View attachment 221930

I am ecstatic with the way 2011 has gone, we have been playing better than I could have imagined and the team look more like Promotion contenders than mid table obscurity.

View attachment 221931

Spas Delev has been an important player for us and not just his goals. He has been swapping from ST to AMR then AML back to ST again which shows how versatile he is. He has scored 13 goals in the first half of the season and for £2million, I consider him a snip!

I am looking forward to 2012 and the final half of the season, especially after the board randomly made extra funds available and when they asked me to change my season expectations I was pleasantly suprised to see this:
View attachment 221929

Nearly £25million to spend on players, and thats just to finish in the top half! A smile was put on my face from ear to ear and I immediately began work on possible targets and scouting networks.
This made 2012 look even more promising and I hope you can join me in this journey as I hope to bring some glory to Blackpool.

In my next post I will update till the end of the season, please feel free to slate and tell me how awful this story is, but on the off chance you enjoy my career then rate and give me advice :)

OK mate will give a screenshot of finances, I couldnt believe it when they did it. Earlier on in the seaon they said due to a rise in the finances they have made 12million available but then when I done the expectations it was 25!!!
View attachment 222026

Their you are guys just brought Kieran Gibbs for 7.5million which is why this month im in the red.

Last edited:
Good Work, Didn't expect to see you get that much money.Some good signings,I will be reading :)