mdcoz78

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how you implement a target man role into a team.

For example how you tactically set up your team with instructions and surrounding player roles etc.

I have never been able to do it properly and it's one area I want to get right, with practice. I know some of you successfully used used target man poacher and scored loads.

Also is it possible to do it as a lone striker.

Cheers

You stay classy......

I'm in a similar position, trying to maximize the effectiveness of Tomas Necid in 2016 (his stats are much, much better than at the beginning).
So far the only luck I've had is in a 4-2-2-2 (2 CM, 2 winger, 2 strikers), it is a very attacking formation that I got from one of the threads on this site. He plays on the left side as Target Man - Support, with Abel hernandez as a poacher in the right striker slot. I have tried minor tweaks for him but can't tell yet which ones help and which ones don't.
But so far as TM- support in that formation he has 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games, averaging 7.35 over those games (one game he had a 9.1 rating and another a 6.2). Those are moderately good results, but I'm hoping I can get better out of him.

Also, although he is a Target Man, he is not set as my teams "target man" in team instructions, hernandez is with run onto ball.

Falcao, Diego costa, paloschi and Adrian.

Not really important what I need is how you set up the tactic.

You stay classy......

I'm in a similar position, trying to maximize the effectiveness of Tomas Necid in 2016 (his stats are much, much better than at the beginning).
So far the only luck I've had is in a 4-2-2-2 (2 CM, 2 winger, 2 strikers), it is a very attacking formation that I got from one of the threads on this site. He plays on the left side as Target Man - Support, with Abel hernandez as a poacher in the right striker slot. I have tried minor tweaks for him but can't tell yet which ones help and which ones don't.
But so far as TM- support in that formation he has 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games, averaging 7.35 over those games (one game he had a 9.1 rating and another a 6.2). Those are moderately good results, but I'm hoping I can get better out of him.

Also, although he is a Target Man, he is not set as my teams "target man" in team instructions, hernandez is with run onto ball.

That's the issue. I dunno how to set it up so the target man himself is affective.

You stay classy......