tatics problem or graphics?

GUNNER500

Reaction score
:| I`m into my second season as arsenal all was good the for son reason the game crash dumps! the even stranger now when i go to my tatics screen the shirts/kits aren`t there anymore just been replaced with a dot? i`ve reinstalled, restarted, tryed a diffrent team, new skin, just same everytime? and when i try to access tatics mid match it just frezze`s? anyone have any idea whats happened? it would be much appircated.I only joined today and i`m amazed at the class of this site, credit to the people who run iT! sorry for the poor spelling!;)

Try the following...

Delete everything from....

C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\cache\

and

C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings\

hi sean much appricate the help , i followed what u said untill appdata,c:\users\me\? these no appdata or roaming or cache or settings ethier? i`m on vista will this be in a different place?thanks p.s when the game frezzes mid match i`m unable to leave it without shuting down? im not playing online just against me pc. thanks pal for trying any help would be great thanks!

hi sean much appricate the help , i followed what u said untill appdata,c:\users\me\? these no appdata or roaming or cache or settings ethier? i`m on vista will this be in a different place?thanks p.s when the game frezzes mid match i`m unable to leave it without shuting down? im not playing online just against me pc. thanks pal for trying any help would be great thanks!

On Vista it's located here...

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\

The appdata folder is hidden by default so you'll either have to set it to show all files or just browse to it manually by putting it in the address bar.

thank u ! found both files cleared both results are the same. when i first went back in on main menu i wasn`t able to contuine and my skin had changed to original but when i went in to my tactics screen the kits arn`t there still and tryed a match pause works ok but if i look at my tactics screen its black and game stops and i have to press me power button on pc to restart me pc? strange as its worked for over a season? i haven`t changed anything i`ve cleared my crash dumps file, still does samething i just can`t change tactics? when i reach half time it works as normal but if i try to access it after that it happens again?thanku to those who are helping.

Have you got the latest patch installed and does it do it if you start a new game?

yes if u start a new game does the same thing and on patch v9.2.0 thanks

i kept getting the crash dump thing with some of the skins :S also i had player photos downloaded too ? i deleted both and FM is working fine now

big thanks to ryan munro!!!!!!!! i don`t get why but i took off all my skins and took out my graphics folder and there back! simple i try and see if it stops the crashing and let u know! its strange though as it started before i ever but any skins or graphics on? but thanks ant.happy xmas now i can be free of the wife and kids at xmas at last!!!!!! lol just kidding.

played 2 matches and guess what its back works fine thank u all for the help! the only thing is now i have no player faces but i`ll d/l them from here league by league and try it! ONCE AGAIN THANKS ALOT!

don`t know why but even if i create a empty file called graphics ant put it in c:\sportsinteractive\data\ it just stops the kits from appearing in tactics and crashes? skins all work ok¬ any ideas why?thanks

all graphics need to be installed in:
XP: c:\documents and setting\"username"\my documents\sports interactive\football manager 2009\graphics\pictures
Vista: c:\users\"username"\documents\sports interactive\football manager 2009\graphics\pictures

If all the graphics are installed there in the correct place, then it should stop crashing while allowing you to keep the pics and stuff you've added.
I installed them wrong the first time i played FM09 myself and got the whole crashing during tatics & matches etc.

thanks carbers will give it ago let u now how i get on.happy christmas everyone!

thank u carbers works like a charm also thanks to all the got me back on track!