thekill

Reaction score
Okay i was all happy that the club was going to be soon going into making profit each month as Manchester United .Now all of a sudden the taxes have doubled in my game.I am in dec 2016 and have paid out around 64 mil in tac compared to last season of 73 mil in total.And one more thing the non soccer costs since the takeover have increased a lot.Paid around 60 mil last season going to be the same again.So basically how do you get a positive monthly balance in this game.Adding few screens of expenditure and balance.

Last edited:
Seems pretty normal to me. Your profit this season so far is 243mil, UK corporation tax (Tax on a firm's profits) is 25%. In rough figures, 25% of 243,000,000 is 65,000,000. Anyway, with that balance and budget I wouldn't be complaining! ;)

Playing in Northern Ireland and I have a budget of £23,567 and I feel rich... Seeing your balance has ruined my day

So basically its better to spend the money at the start of season because even if you dont than also you are gonna lose it .Awesome gonna bid for Ronaldo and messi next season start :)

So basically its better to spend the money at the start of season because even if you dont than also you are gonna lose it .Awesome gonna bid for Ronaldo and messi next season start :)

Tax is based on profit, not capital (bank balance) so this wouldn't really at help at all. Also I think it's based on the previous year's profit so again, this wouldn't help. Also, tax is a percentage of the profit you make so the only reason you're paying more is because you're making more money. Which can only be a good thing surely.

Interest expense is tax deductible so if FM had modelled it correctly having debt would reduce tax, in case of Man Utd it will probably significant enough to make you almost tax free in the first years.

More likely cause however is FM incorrectly classifying debt repayment as expense (instead of just interest expense).
Thats why Man Utd managers see horrendous losses every month till 2017. Since you are "not making profit" you get next to no tax.

Talking about Man Utd finance...
I wonder if they would implement the massive increase in tv revenue next year for EPL teams.
Man Utd also sealed the deal with Chevrolet deal worth around 51 mil £ p.a. starting in 2014 season (yea ridic. ..). Hopefully they will implement this in FM 2014.