mjpresto

Reaction score
My team captain and star player for Barca, Lionel Messi, has been injured 2 seasons ago for a couple of months. When he returned, he already have trouble blending with the squad. And it continued until this current season (I'm halfway through 2016-2017). What should I do as I think its affecting team play and results? We're conceding more goals now and scoring less goals than in previous seasons that my team captain has blended well with the squad. We have more defeats and draws now. Ever since Messi returned from injury two and one-half seasons ago, I've set match preparation focus into Team Blend even in pre-season and NEVER EVER changed it but Messi just won't blend with the squad. And Messi is disappointing (to his and my standards) this season with only 5 goals and 14 assists in 21 games, playing at the right wing. He's averaging 40+ goals and 40+ assists in around 50 games the previous seasons.

Last edited:
try resting him for a weeks or months then . let him regroup himself and then play him as normal.