Team Comparison & Tactical Choice

Genius

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would be magic if somebody could help me with a bit of advice. I think I am now getting to grips with the game after studying tactics all over xmas. However, I like using the team comparison to create my base tactic, and am now at a club with dubious ability at best. Weirdly media have me to finish 4th,but my players seem worse than that. Would be good to see how other members would set up their tactic based on the below comparison values?

zyj2xe.png

My defence is pacey so though about playing higher up, but their positioning is awful so may be a terrible idea?

10qw1hl.png

My midfield looks very poor except for teamwork and decisions. Currently playing a short passing game quite nicely but generally getting draws

15ebvat.png

My attack is actually doing okay with a F9 and inside forwards interchanging to good effect, probably due to the good movement figure.

Any advice would be great. Currently paying a nice short passing possession game which is doing decent but interested to see how others would approach a team style with these comparisons
Many thanks

well, tiki taka requires good decisions, teamwork, first touch and passing, so I'd go with that....basically you want a "piggy in the middle" concept...stretch the pitch wide, push up, play out of defence, higher or much higher tempo, shorter passing and retain possession and press more or much more....offside trap would also be usefull, that means two defenders on defend duty, and you want a 4231, or inverted, 451 formation....I'd perhaps recommend a very fluid team shape with roaming playmakers in the middle, and mentality depending on opponent...in my testing, I do great with standard...

Last edited:
Thanks Igneos79.

Well, the style I want to play is short passing, with players generally sticking to position, so probably not wise to play with high tempo and wide?. Doesn't need to be tika taka, but I like the short triangles until an opening occurs. Here is my formation, also have TIs of short passing and play out of defence.

Suppose it is really the mentality and shape which is getting me in a muddle, despite lots of reading.

nlyf49.png

Wouldnt get too attached to the team comparisons as far as I am aware it takes into all the first team squad so any youth or fringe players in the first team could bring stats down... I have one of the best MFs in the EPL but I also have a few youth players I like to include in the first team and they drag some areas down... Just keep that in mind...

What is the best port of call for deciding mentality and shape if not using the team comparison though. Whilst I have a style of play in mind, my concern is with how to full assess if I am picking the right mentality, shape (and I suppose team instructions) to suit my team.