covmatty1

Reaction score
This started off just as an idea of a game I'd like to create, but thought I might as well put it out to the FM community to see what others think.

As the titles suggests, I've made a team composed of the best of the young talent from the 4 home nations: England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. This is the kind of squad that could turn out for the 2012 Olympic team (only in theory of course, but in FM we're allowed to play with reality).
I've picked the best players aged Under 23 from all of the countries and brought them into a Premier League squad, with the team inserted using the fantastic guide of ViniH, found here:
Guide to Creating a New Club

I will upload either the database edit when I've finished making some final changes or possibly, for convenience, a save game that begins literally at the very start.

I have a couple of final things I want to change before release, plus some minor alterations. I'm going to include 3 over-age players (as Olympic rules allow) but these will be limited to fill the space that is weak in the current squad - So far established as needing another top Goalkeeper and a Left-Back.
I have not added proper logos or kits, at least not yet. Although below you can see screenshots of the kits that are in game.

Here is a first team squad screenshot:

There are also a very big reserve squad, and a youth team, but these need some tweaking at the moment.

Here are the kits, done in the colours of the 4 nations. I will look at the possibility of creating real kits, my photoshop skills aren't great, but I'll give it a good go.

I've also added the best British coaches (subject to change) to the team, and created an imaginary Board, with Lord Coe as Chairman and the heads of the 4 FA's as Directors.

If there's anything else anyone would like to see I'd be happy to provide screenshots.

Hope people are interested in this edit. Even if not I'm sure I'll enjoy it :)

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.2shared.com/file/h3gZzcjM/The_British_Future.html
Updated 27/6/11 - For some reason I accidently added Boyata into the squad and he's not British (as was pointed out in this thread) so he's been removed.

Last edited:
Looks good, add rooney to have a quality striker and lampard for midfielder. Also your missing sturridge and joe ledley

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

cattermole and henderson as well. gabby wouldnt be in it

Looks good, add rooney to have a quality striker and lampard for midfielder. Also your missing sturridge and joe ledley

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

cattermole and henderson as well. gabby wouldnt be in it

Sturridge, Ledley, Cattermole and Henderson are all in the reserves.
Don't see why Agbonlahor wouldn't be, he's quite good, and having so many players means that anyone who takes on the game can do what they want with different players.

I thought it'd make things a bit too easy adding brilliant players like Lampard and Rooney, so I've just gone for young players in weak positions.
Added Scott Carson, Leighton Baines and Glen Johnson. Still all 25 or below, and just enough to plug the gaps at the start and then let the rest of the young players come through.

I'll post a full player list in a bit, just finished it I think.

Reserves as well! Get it up when all sorted so I can have a go. Cheers

Download link added to OP!

When you start a game the players are a bit all over the place, I recommend sorting them into the 3 squads this way:

FIRST TEAM
GK – Hart, Carson, Hennessey
DF – Richards, G. Johsnon, Evans, Shawcross, Smalling, Jones, Baines, Gibbs
MF – Rodwell, Huddlestone, Bale, Ramsey, Lennon, A. Johnson, Dorrans, Wilshire
FW – Agbonlahor, Walcott, Carroll, Fletcher, Welbeck

RESERVES
GK – Forster, Steele, Taylor
DF – Spence, Walker, Hodson, Naughton, Ribeiro, Mancienne, Easton, Wilson, Tomkins, Cathcart, Boyata, Hanley, Bertrand, Wallace, Thomson
MF – King, Collison, Lansbury, Henderson, Ledley, Bannan, McDonald, Cairney, Fleck, Albrighton, Forrest, Bostock, Shelvey
FW – Paterson, Sturridge, Church, Nimely, Vokes

YOUTH
GK – Butland
DF – Magri, Matthews, Robinson, Wisdom, Dier, McFadzean, Ramm
MF – Mutch, McEachran, Barkley, Fyvie, Morrison, Turgott, Chamberlain, Ismail
FW – Baxter, Wickham, Hall

Only thing that I would really like to add would be if there is a way to create the kind of rule that can be in place where you can only buy players from certain regions, although I guess that's written into the game. It's just the player's choice not to buy anyone foreign!

Any questions please ask :) Enjoy!

Last edited:
Who do I start as to be this team?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

just loaded it up. can you not make the stadium the actual size of the new stadium? its tiny I know you get alot of money but wages could cause a problem.

What exactly do you mean?
I made the Olympic Stadium in London, which will be a 25,000 seater after the Olympics finish (80,000 while they're on but that's temporary seating). In the editor file I've put the option in that it can be expanded to seat up to 80,000 exactly like the real stadium. So if you do well in the game then the idea would be that it could be expanded, just like reality.

If it causes a problem (i.e. not enough money coming in) then I guess I could change that, but wanted to try it like this first.

And oh yeah, they're called Team GB, in the Premiership.
I moved them up by "relegating" the team that finished bottom of every league in the 2010/2011 season. I removed the team who were bottom of Blue Square South, and then carried on swapping the bottom teams with my new team.

Ah right cooool!!!! Yeah didn't realise the stadium was getting made to 25k thought it was staying the same size. Yeah doing good can get a bigger stadium and I guess if need be could always sell someone if they don't ever get used. Great idea!

Download link added to OP!

When you start a game the players are a bit all over the place, I recommend sorting them into the 3 squads this way:

FIRST TEAM
GK – Hart, Carson, Hennessey
DF – Richards, G. Johsnon, Evans, Shawcross, Smalling, Jones, Baines, Gibbs
MF – Rodwell, Huddlestone, Bale, Ramsey, Lennon, A. Johnson, Dorrans, Wilshire
FW – Agbonlahor, Walcott, Carroll, Fletcher, Welbeck

RESERVES
GK – Forster, Steele, Taylor
DF – Spence, Walker, Hodson, Naughton, Ribeiro, Mancienne, Easton, Wilson, Tomkins, Cathcart, Boyata, Hanley, Bertrand, Wallace, Thomson
MF – King, Collison, Lansbury, Henderson, Ledley, Bannan, McDonald, Cairney, Fleck, Albrighton, Forrest, Bostock, Shelvey
FW – Paterson, Sturridge, Church, Nimely, Vokes

YOUTH
GK – Butland
DF – Magri, Matthews, Robinson, Wisdom, Dier, McFadzean, Ramm
MF – Mutch, McEachran, Barkley, Fyvie, Morrison, Turgott, Chamberlain, Ismail
FW – Baxter, Wickham, Hall

Only thing that I would really like to add would be if there is a way to create the kind of rule that can be in place where you can only buy players from certain regions, although I guess that's written into the game. It's just the player's choice not to buy anyone foreign!

Any questions please ask :) Enjoy!

ahh. Wheres Jack Rodwell? And lots others missing too!

ahh. Wheres Jack Rodwell? And lots others missing too!

Rodwell's there mate. Listed first on the midfielders in the first team, in the piece you quoted :S Try looking thoroughly before criticising?
And like who? As far as I can tell all of the best players are there. It's no use just putting that if you don't say how you think it can be improved.

Last edited:
I don't think the 23 year olds can play in the Olympics seeing as they will be above 23 when the games start. No 89's allowed in the Olympics.

Last edited:
I don't think the 23 year olds can play in the Olympics seeing as they will be above 23 when the games start. No 87's allowed in the Olympics.

Oh right didn't know that, thought it was 23's and under. Do you mean 89's though?
Even if it's not accurate, I'll change it to be a database just of British youngsters, hopefully still a fun scenario :p

----EDIT----
Yeah I've just looked now, I see your point, no-one born after 1/1/89.
But I just stuck 23's and under into this squad, as of the start of the game, obviously a lot of them will be older by the time you reach 2012 in game, think I should change it?

Last edited:
Rodwell's there mate. Listed first on the midfielders in the first team, in the piece you quoted :S Try looking thoroughly before criticising?
And like who? As far as I can tell all of the best players are there. It's no use just putting that if you don't say how you think it can be improved.

Dont be a ****. I looked through it and missed his name, ok? That good enough for you?

P.S. Boyata aint British and Eric Dier isn't confirmed British yet either, he can play internationally for either England or Portugal.

Dont be a ****. I looked through it and missed his name, ok? That good enough for you?

P.S. Boyata aint British and Eric Dier isn't confirmed British yet either, he can play internationally for either England or Portugal.

Yeah no problem mate, even though you did call me a ****, just could have put it a bit less harshly, more of "Did you notice you missed Rodwell?"

And oh right, I didn't actually know that, thanks. Hadn't heard of Dier in real life so didn't know he was part Portugese. Just hope that he chooses England in game then I guess, since he's eligible when the game starts I guess it's still ok. Or do people think I should remove him?
EDIT: Just checked in game, and whilst he does speak Portugese, the only nation he is eligible for is England.

And oops, don't know how I got mixed up with Boyata, will remove him and reupload. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
And oh right, I didn't actually know that, thanks. Hadn't heard of Dier in real life so didn't know he was part Portugese. Just hope that he chooses England in game then I guess, since he's eligible when the game starts I guess it's still ok. Or do people think I should remove him?
EDIT: Just checked in game, and whilst he does speak Portugese, the only nation he is eligible for is England.

9/10 times he plays for/chooses England (on my BaPs.) Don't worry.

You could use the winner of this weeks KoTW for the kits ;)

Yeah I've put cattermole in my team and helped pompey abit haha!! Now I can enjoy the game! haha

Yeah I've put cattermole in my team and helped pompey abit haha!! Now I can enjoy the game! haha

Haha thats cool mate, I did debate putting Cattermole in, but then ended up with quite a few more younger players so decided against him. Good idea of a possible addition though :) Just depends if you want 8 extra sendings off per season ;) lol! Joking of course, I like Cattermole, good player :)

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

You could use the winner of this weeks KoTW for the kits ;)

Just found your thread, that's a brilliant idea!!
I never normally visit the KoTW forums, but yep I'll use the winner for this team. Hopefully I'll be able to get the XML working and all.
Thanks a lot Stu, sure it will be fantastic :)

Last edited: