flipward

Reaction score
Hi is it possible to dump the home nations and replace them with a Great Britain team using the fm 15 editor

ive been trying this for months, and cant get it..... it was done on a previous FM, and it was magical...

if you find out how... let me in on it

Hey mate.if I figure it out I will publish it on here.

So if I understand you correctly you want to keep the clubs and national leagues as they are and just have a Team GB to replace the four national teams?

In that case I think you would need to re-activate Great Britain as a nation and

1) Change the nationality of all players from those four nations to GBR so they can only be selected internationally for GBR.

2) Set the number of A level caps for all British players to 0, otherwise all currently capped players will be unavailable for Team GB.

3) Give all clubs in those four nations GBR as their "based nation" - like Swansea and Cardiff have ENG as their "nation" but WAL as their "based nation". That should ensure that (most of) the newgens get the GBR nationality.

Now, if you de-activate the four Home Nations at the same time, you would most likely get massive problems with continental club competitions and EURO/WC qualifiers because it would screw up UEFA coefficients and continental qualification for the clubs.

I'm not entirely sure how best to solve this, but a suggestion would be to change the reputation of all four Home Nations to 1. If there are no players with that nationality, their national teams should just consist of grey players and play no role in EURO/WC qualifying. But since the nations still exist and have the same UEFA coefficients, the clubs should still have access to Europe.

Last edited:
So if I understand you correctly you want to keep the clubs and national leagues as they are and just have a Team GB to replace the four national teams?

In that case I think you would need to re-activate Great Britain as a nation and

1) Change the nationality of all players from those four nations to GBR so they can only be selected internationally for GBR.

2) Set the number of A level caps for all British players to 0, otherwise all currently capped players will be unavailable for Team GB.

2) Give all clubs in those four nations GBR as their "based nation" - like Swansea and Cardiff have ENG as their "nation" but WAL as their "based nation". That should ensure that (most of) the newgens get the GBR nationality.

Now, if you de-activate the four Home Nations at the same time, you would most likely get massive problems with continental club competitions and EURO/WC qualifiers because it would screw up UEFA coefficients and continental qualification for the clubs.

I'm not entirely sure how best to solve this, but a suggestion would be to change the reputation of all four Home Nations to 1. If there are no players with that nationality, their national teams should just consist of grey players and play no role in EURO/WC qualifying. But since the nations still exist and have the same UEFA coefficients, the clubs should still have access to Europe.

Awesome thank u very much for ur help. It sounds like alot of work lol but I'm gonna give it a go.I will post on here once I've made progress.

I have managed to make both Pays Basque and Monaco active using those 3 steps, but since they didn't "replace" existing teams - Spain and France were still in the game.

So as mentioned, I'm not 100% on the last bit and would be very interested to hear how you get along with that. :)

I have managed to make both Pays Basque and Monaco active using those 3 steps, but since they didn't "replace" existing teams - Spain and France were still in the game.

So as mentioned, I'm not 100% on the last bit and would be very interested to hear how you get along with that. :)

I will play around with it and see where it takes me. The big plan is to change the face of world wide football, from league right through to international football. I've just finished an edit which was changing the face of English footy, u will be able to read about on here as I've just published it. I would love any advice on how to give the FA cup winner a champions league place.