joker1234

Reaction score
Can someone help me about the team instructions,when i shoud use shorter passes,attacking or control,etc.and wich formations are the best and team instructions for that formations help please!!!

the passing style depends on how you want to play. shorter for passing the ball up the pitch between players, and direct passing meaning players will try and lob the ball up to strikers as quick as possible. To play a shorter passing game you need to have players with good passing and creativity etc and direct for the oposite. the short passing would be a team like barcelona who like to keep the ball in posession and make lots of passes. Direct would be a team like stoke playing long balls to Crouch up front. Both can be effective in their own way so it is how you want to play and how capable your players are.

The settings for attacking/control basically do what they say. if your team is better and has more of the ball the control setting means they hold on and keep that possession but still create chances. Attacking would be putting more players forward at a risk of losing the ball. Like wise if your team is not as good you may set up defensively, the team sitting back looking to break up opposition attacks etc. Counter again sitting back but looking to break quick on your opponent if you can win the ball back. I usually start with standard and if my team has more posession il switch to attacking or control, but if there is alot of pressure from the other team i will go for defensive or counter.

As for best team/team instructions it all depends on what players you have. I would suggest maby looking at some of the formations on here and finding one that best suits the players you have then you could try and build on it and if needed can ask for help on how to set the team settings for that formation.

Hope this helped a little! :D

What team are you anyway?

Last edited:
the passing style depends on how you want to play. shorter for passing the ball up the pitch between players, and direct passing meaning players will try and lob the ball up to strikers as quick as possible. To play a shorter passing game you need to have players with good passing and creativity etc and direct for the oposite. the short passing would be a team like barcelona who like to keep the ball in posession and make lots of passes. Direct would be a team like stoke playing long balls to Crouch up front. Both can be effective in their own way so it is how you want to play and how capable your players are.

The settings for attacking/control basically do what they say. if your team is better and has more of the ball the control setting means they hold on and keep that possession but still create chances. Attacking would be putting more players forward at a risk of losing the ball. Like wise if your team is not as good you may set up defensively, the team sitting back looking to break up opposition attacks etc. Counter again sitting back but looking to break quick on your opponent if you can win the ball back. I usually start with standard and if my team has more posession il switch to attacking or control, but if there is alot of pressure from the other team i will go for defensive or counter.

As for best team/team instructions it all depends on what players you have. I would suggest maby looking at some of the formations on here and finding one that best suits the players you have then you could try and build on it and if needed can ask for help on how to set the team settings for that formation.

Hope this helped a little! :D

What team are you anyway?

tnx man i am napoli and i use attacking style direct passes cause my alone striker is cavani is that good?

Depends what players you have bought if any and what formation youi are playing? I would maby suggest a mixed passing style, and change marek hamsik to shorter passing as he is probably your best player and best attacking/creater. Both cavani and hamsik should be your main attacking force and you can build the team around them.

Depends what players you have bought if any and what formation youi are playing? I would maby suggest a mixed passing style, and change marek hamsik to shorter passing as he is probably your best player and best attacking/creater. Both cavani and hamsik should be your main attacking force and you can build the team around them.

Don't forgot Lavezzi, class player. Can play as the poacher next to Cavani notching up loads of assists and the goals!

tnx to all of you but can someone tell me when i shoud use balanced,flud,etc and when attacking,when control etc and when press more and etc please i really need that

It just depends how you want your team to play. Its difficult to answer as it is such a wide topic. Look around the forum and you might find some stuff or other sites explain these a little. Is your team not playing as well as you want?

tnx to all of you but can someone tell me when i shoud use balanced,flud,etc and when attacking,when control etc and when press more and etc please i really need that

Like written above, it would probably take a couple of weeks to make a guide on that subject for you. My best advice would be to do the following.

- Read in the guides ( that i linked to) what the different Settings mean. What is Tempo, Passing etc
- Next, have a look at the different philos and see the difference between them.
- Now, have a look at the different strategies and see what they do
- Look at the player roles and see the difference bwteen a deeplying playmaker and a ballwinner on support etc

- Now, here comes the next stage, look at your team and see what formation tyou like to play. If its a 4222 with AMR/L, well, then you need to play a higher tempo and play more direct. If its a deep formation, then its better to soak up pressure and ply on the counter. If its a flat 442, well then you can play all kinds of strategies etc.

Try to use the TC and its settings and dont tweak anything. Then watch a few games in full and see what happends when you " hassle versus stand off", what the flow looks like if you " retain possession, play more narrow, pass to feet" and then compare it to when you shout " pass into space, get forward and play wider". Look at where the opposition has their d-line, if they sit deep etc. What happends if you try to play a direct game in behind their fullbacks if they sit deep. Will it work ? etc etc

play around with it :D

This message has been brought to you on a non-spellcheck computer

It just depends how you want your team to play. Its difficult to answer as it is such a wide topic. Look around the forum and you might find some stuff or other sites explain these a little. Is your team not playing as well as you want?

yes i play 4-5-1 with target man(cavani) i have a litlle chanches, we allowed a lot,they always go hug touchline and i said to my wingers to play normal :(

try a differrent formation, maby 4411 with hamsik advanced playmaker and cavani a poacher. i would set team settings to normal. maby play rigid philosophy to keep players plating where you want and help in defence. if you play rigid you can change the individual settings to allow cavani and hamsik more roaming/creativity to help create chances. playing a 451 your wingers will need to stay out wide because there are so many midfielders so putting hamsik up higher might solve that a little!! hope this helps you a little, just try different things and see what works really :D

try a differrent formation, maby 4411 with hamsik advanced playmaker and cavani a poacher. i would set team settings to normal. maby play rigid philosophy to keep players plating where you want and help in defence. if you play rigid you can change the individual settings to allow cavani and hamsik more roaming/creativity to help create chances. playing a 451 your wingers will need to stay out wide because there are so many midfielders so putting hamsik up higher might solve that a little!! hope this helps you a little, just try different things and see what works really :D

ok thank you