gunnerjames

Reaction score
Hi Guys can someone please help me. I am playing a ball winning midfielder defend and deep lying playmaker support in central midfield. I have read that you cannot employ a short passing game with a deep lying playmaker and ball winning midfielder.

Could the tactical experts let me know what would be the best team instructions to use with a deep lying playmaker and ball winning midfielder.

I want to play a high pressing and attacking game and I was thinking of using the following team instructions (so please let me know what could be improved). My central defenders have pace of 14 each so they are not the quickest but they are solid defenders
Balance
Control
Passing - Default
Creative Freedom - Default
Closing Down - Press More
Tackling - Default
Marking - Zonal
Crosses - Drilled
Roaming - More Roaming
Defensive Line - pushed up (16 clicks)
Tempo - Quick
Width - Normal
Time Wasting - Sometimes
Counter Attack - Ticked Yes

Hi Guys can someone please help me. I am playing a ball winning midfielder defend and deep lying playmaker support in central midfield. I have read that you cannot employ a short passing game with a deep lying playmaker and ball winning midfielder.

Could the tactical experts let me know what would be the best team instructions to use with a deep lying playmaker and ball winning midfielder.

I want to play a high pressing and attacking game and I was thinking of using the following team instructions (so please let me know what could be improved). My central defenders have pace of 14 each so they are not the quickest but they are solid defenders
Balance
Control
Passing - Default
Creative Freedom - Default
Closing Down - Press More
Tackling - Default
Marking - Zonal
Crosses - Drilled
Roaming - More Roaming
Defensive Line - pushed up (16 clicks)
Tempo - Quick
Width - Normal
Time Wasting - Sometimes
Counter Attack - Ticked Yes

I actually dont think you should base your whole tactical appraoch on what midfield due you want to use. Firstly, you decide roughly what formation and approach you want to use. Then, you can consider how to set it up. I have played with a ballwinner and dlp in both a 451 using a controlled based appraoch, pushing up the fullbacks, making overlaps a well as in a highly agressiv counter strategy in a 4231.

So, the answer will be that you can play with a ballwinner and a deepPLM within most formations. As for actually using the playmaker as one, would say that you SHOULD NOT. If you want to play quick and on the counter, there is no reason to channel the play trough someone sitting deep.( he can still act as one though)

I also usually play with a Ball Winning Mid Defend and DLP support on a 4-5-1 tactic, but I don't base my whole tactics on that. I usually just play a couple of games and see what needs to be improved on and then set up my team tactics on that, and the only problems I'm having at the moment is scoring, which is more up to my strikers on poor form than poor tactics. I also have a 4-2-3-1 as one of my back-up tactics and would recommend it if goals are needed, plus there are still two center-mids.