team instructions, player instructions and opposition instructions

dbs86

Reaction score
I have been wondering for a while now if it is better when setting up a tactic to issue player instructions and opposition instructions in conjunction with the team instructions of the tactic or to just set the team instructions defining the general way you want the team to play in the formation you have given them and not issue any player or opposition instructions, on the basis that the role the players are assigned is their job so adding player instructions goes against the role and confuses or makes it to complicated. Once the team instructions are set and the players have their roles then issuing them individual instructions should not matter as they should play to their role and follow the team instructions, also if they are creative enough and have the required mental attributes (flair, creativity, decisions, off the ball, positioning, for instance) then they will sometimes deviate from the role and do things in the game that could be seen as the same as if they had been given individual instructions, i.e if they are a central midfielder some times they may dribble through the centre before releasing a shot even though they dont have the orders to dribble more and shoot more. The reason i ask is because while looking through peoples uploaded tactics some use player instructions and some dont and i was just wondering what people feel is the better option, also while reading through the my huge tactics testing project by a_ilfandy none of the tactics there used player instructions so im wondering if it is better to not use them at all and once the team instructions are set let the players just do their own thing.