Team isn't even trying to create chances?

gmazeine

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been so frustrated with an FM game. My Athletic Bilbao team have 55-60% possession every single game, but rarely create more than one CCC per game and rarely score. It's like we're just passing it around the midfield for fun but refuse to try to play a through ball--which makes absolutely no sense given that I've got players like Ander Herrera and Benat who both have very high passing and creativity ratings, and Herrera likes to try killer balls. I've given both the freedom to try and create chances, and Aduriz's off the ball rating is quite high, so he's getting in good positions. So why doesn't my team even TRY to create chances?

I've tried a quick attacking-based 4-2-3-1, a possession-based 4-3-3, and a possession-based 4-3-1-2. None of them seem to make a difference, and usually I end up with the majority of possession.

I can deal with the opposition scoring goals--it happens, it's football. But when I dominate games but don't create chances, that's when I get angry/annoyed. Especially when it seems like we're not trying. So, tactical geniuses of FM base--what am I doing wrong?

Do you've "Shot passing" + "retain possession" with more attacking roles than supporting in midfield?

without screenshots of your tactic roles and team instructions its not so easy to help you out mate...give us some informations and we can try help you

I've been playing Wolves in the championship and had a similar problem, I had my tactics set to control and everything that went with it (retain ball, play out of defense, short passing etc). Against the mid/upper league teams especially away from home i was going through matches with 60% possession without there being one key highlight, very infuriating.

I was playing 4 1(DM) 2(CM's) 2(W's) 1(Poacher)

Tried swapping my DM for an attacking midfielder but then I upset the balance of the team a little since there was no DM to recycle possession and they were desperately trying to retain the ball due to the tactics.

Inevitably I had to switch to a "standard" style of play and changes some of the instructions to be less control more direct. End result was I had less possession but started scoring more. I had some good creative players, especially for my league but my striker wasn't the best, i think that may of played a big part of it, to have success with a keeping possession style of play I think every player needs to have excellent stats.

I have the same problem like gmazeine and russyb.

A lot of possession, but rarely ccc and huge amount of long shots and shots off target.

Here are the results of the last three matches:

Home tactic:

Away tactic:

I think I have a technial good team to play a possession football.

Plus what can I do against these **** corner goals???