Team just gone terrible all of a sudden

xil3monz

Reaction score
I'm Man Utd, last season I finished 3rd and I had a good start to this season, but I'm now in December and all of a sudden we can't get a win and we rarely score. We were scoring for fun and winning 90% of the games, but now I lost 4 in a row and drew 3, all which I should have won (besides 2, Dortmund and City). It doesn't make any sense, I didn't change anything at all, the tactics are the same as early season, but it seems all my players are getting shoking match ratings too, and players tha were outstanding last season ar just awful right now. Van Persie scores once every 10 or so games, Pastore just doesn't even seem to be playing, Januzaj is dreadful and he was amazing early season, Mata's not been the same since he was injured, Carrick's match rating are abysmal compared tp what he was getting. I've tried team meetings, but one went horribly and now whenever I try all I get is "We seem to have team meetings all the time now". Everyones morale it at most poor. It just doesn't make sense how all of a sudden we're absolutely terrible.

Okay, lets get a bit of history here. Last season when you finished 3rd, were you using the same tactics? What season are you in? Where were you predicted to finish then and where are you predicted to finish now?

By the way, they/it can't be terrible all of a sudden if you're saying RVP scores 1 every 10 games. For you to know that, you must have played at least 20 games, no? That's a lot of time to see what is wrong with how you play! What are you noticing? Did you do anything about it?

Okay, lets get a bit of history here. Last season when you finished 3rd, were you using the same tactics? What season are you in? Where were you predicted to finish then and where are you predicted to finish now?

By the way, they/it can't be terrible all of a sudden if you're saying RVP scores 1 every 10 games. For you to know that, you must have played at least 20 games, no? That's a lot of time to see what is wrong with how you play! What are you noticing? Did you do anything about it?

Exact same tactics as last season, all 3 and I alternate between them depending on opposition. Worked a charm last season. Predicted to finish 2nd this season, can't remember last season. I've tried to change the players and their roles, everything and all my players just suck. Morata had great early season form but it just awful now.

I just said Van Persie's scoring like that just to ilustrate how poorly he's performing, along with many other players. I've only been in this shocking form for around 6 or 7 games. And I'm in my 2nd season now.

Exact same tactics as last season, all 3 and I alternate between them depending on opposition. Worked a charm last season. Predicted to finish 2nd this season, can't remember last season. I've tried to change the players and their roles, everything and all my players just suck. Morata had great early season form but it just awful now.

I just said Van Persie's scoring like that just to ilustrate how poorly he's performing, along with many other players. I've only been in this shocking form for around 6 or 7 games. And I'm in my 2nd season now.
RVP not scoring doesn't tell anyone anything. Why isn't he scoring? That's the question you need to answer or provide us info to answer for you.

I'm assuming he's your top goal scorer normally, so how did he get most of his goals last season? Is he still getting the same space as last season to score those goals? Could it be that teams are more defensive against you or they don't commit as many players forward?

If you possible, could you show us what tactics you use?

I'm Man Utd, last season I finished 3rd and I had a good start to this season, but I'm now in December and all of a sudden we can't get a win and we rarely score. We were scoring for fun and winning 90% of the games, but now I lost 4 in a row and drew 3, all which I should have won (besides 2, Dortmund and City). It doesn't make any sense, I didn't change anything at all, the tactics are the same as early season, but it seems all my players are getting shoking match ratings too, and players tha were outstanding last season ar just awful right now. Van Persie scores once every 10 or so games, Pastore just doesn't even seem to be playing, Januzaj is dreadful and he was amazing early season, Mata's not been the same since he was injured, Carrick's match rating are abysmal compared tp what he was getting. I've tried team meetings, but one went horribly and now whenever I try all I get is "We seem to have team meetings all the time now". Everyones morale it at most poor. It just doesn't make sense how all of a sudden we're absolutely terrible.

Though WJ is right (as he mostly is generally) about not giving us enough info, the bold and underlined part in what you write is I suspect at the heart of your issues. Dont forget that Einstein said that the definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing but expect different results each time. Now, Im not calling you stupid Im just trying to get you to understand.

Look here also esp post #5 http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...506-ask-uncle-mad-uncle-mads-box-choccys.html

FM 14 ******* blows! In the 2nd season with Monaco and i'm on the 17th place with only 3 wins since that start of the season (currently in december). Thinking on going back to 12 or 13.