Team Meetings - are they necessary.

Harrow

Reaction score
Hi All.

I was wondering if team meetings are necessary to conduct in a season.

I have had mixed results playing with
Roma Serie A. Currently I have played 3 seasons with them using exactly the same players but used different ways in seasons i.e - no team meetings one season, half time team talks conducted by Assistant Manager or half time talks by me.

Anyway I have found so far after playing through 3 times FM12 has a very mixed results. I think my worst result was getting sacked by conducting half time team talks which resutled in Roma coming near relegated lol...

SO my question is what to do in season? Should I let the AM do all the talking? Should I conduct Team Meetings?

Thanks

You do all the talking - you're the gaffer, your team wants to hear your voice, not your assistant's. This year's FM is the most realistic yet so talk to them as much as possible.

I always do team meetings during pre-season, just after the new year and right after the season has finished. I also do it if my team's on a poor run of form. Like I said, talk to your players as much as possible, private chat too, not just meetings and team talks. But whatever you do, say the right thing: don't let what you say bring your players down otherwise they'll all turn against you!

I adopt a style of strict manager, and it works perfect. (for example, if you do transfer list, and player unhappy, i just say they got no future and should leave, I won't change my mind, etc) Players like me a lot if you do that and bring them some trophies. For example, do all the talkings (except pre-match, and talk to press--i left it to my assistant). But I talk to my own players. and make sure they know what I want.

used them a few times, there quite good :)

Team Meetings are good however they are kinda a double edged sword. You must pick the moment right to have a meeting in the firstplace so as not to confuse the players and also you must make the meetings goals and comments meet the expectations of the team. For example dont tell them to pick up there game if you have just lost to the leagues big guns, it will only end up in the team saying its not realistic. Like anything new in these games you gotta just wade in to get the gist of it, however once you realise how to do it all you will be a real motivator in the dressing room which can only be good for the club :D

these team meetings always seem to pick up team morale for me when i use them, so if you were to use a team meeting at a sensible time, i see no reason why you shouldnt use them! b

I always ask the AM to do the first talk on the game and half time, and then i add an extra comment to deffence-middle-attacking to be more concret, and it works perfectly! Also when i want to give rest to a key player i tell him in advance, when a good player haven't done good performances i tell him to improve... And team meetings about the same as MIKE, 3 or 4 a year, when needed.

But i found that the team meetings are a bit difficult to know what they really want to hear, sometimes i think something should bring their morale up, and it just does the opposite and make things worst...

But in resume, i never really cared about it, and know is one of the aspects i take more care of.