stuinbucks

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering how others approach this.

When you take over a new team from the start, how do you ***** your squad?

Some filter by player value
Some look into attributes
Some go by star rating

So what's your choice?

***** the strongest position via attributes, see who fits the formation i wanna play. can they be retrained to fit? can i get a replacement in? are the on stupid high wages?

I look at Star Rating first off, my thinking being that the AssMan knows the players better than i do anyway. From there, I can see where the better players positions are, and from that I can start to build a tactic around them.

I usually start by looking at the depth chart for the formations I like to play and figure out who my best players at the relevant positions are (and where there are holes in my roster I need to fill through the transfer market). Then I start to look at the best roles/duties for my top guys at each position and try to figure out how to fit as many of my best eleven on the field at the same time while still maintaining a balanced team that works together. Then I kind of assess what style I can realistically play with the players I have (and my talent level relative to the rest of the league). It's not as systematic in practice as this makes it sound, but this is broadly how I do things.