ironii

Reaction score
Okey, so I'm in the second season of the new update with Man U and at the start of the season I went 15 games without defeat. Thinks went really well until the team started to loose. Went from 1 place down to 8th. This seems to happen round late november and also at the end of the season.
This happend at the first season also, was in the lead until the last month of the season. Drop to 4th place. :(
Why? What should I do to prevent it?

The infamous winter slump.
Rotate your tactics, tweak them, pray.

The infamous winter slump.
Rotate your tactics, tweak them, pray.

I am rotating tactics. The tweaking works from time to time.
Is it the mentality? Do I need to talk to them?

I am rotating tactics. The tweaking works from time to time.
Is it the mentality? Do I need to talk to them?

team meeting!

if they perform badly, warn them and give them the talk! say if you don't improve you will be dropped to reserves!

give younger/other players a chance, chat to them as well!

do you do your own teamtalks or leave to AM?

team meeting!

if they perform badly, warn them and give them the talk! say if you don't improve you will be dropped to reserves!

give younger/other players a chance, chat to them as well!

do you do your own teamtalks or leave to AM?

I'm not all that good at teamtalks. AM does it better.
Have set up team meetings, it actually worked some.

All that talking to them does is preventing morale from dropping below "Okay" (or whatever the most neutral one's called). Doesn't end the slump but at least you get another chance to do that. Once morale got to "Abysmal" level... better start another career.

I'm not all that good at teamtalks. AM does it better.
Have set up team meetings, it actually worked some.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-fm13-how-get-right-reaction.html#post1712428

set up the easiest friendlies you possibly can when you get a chance, maybe like 2 days before the FA Cup 3rd round game, play your most miserable players, bang the team like 8:0 then see who can play the next game or give your youngsters a run out!

by winning with such a high margin your players morale's shoot up! once its back again, its pretty easy to maintain through correct communication