Team playing poor all of a sudden after good start to season - Help needed

SonicX1561

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So i need a bit of help, I recently started a new save with Leeds, I'm in my first season and it got off to a good start, got some good results against decent teams and a convincing cup win.

Leeds 4-0 Morcambe (Cup)
Watford 0-2 Leeds (League)
Leeds 1-1 Huddersfield (L)
Birmingham 0-3 Leeds (L)
Notts County 4-5 Leeds (C)
Leeds 4-2 Blackpool (L)

After the win against Blackpool, my results in the league have really started to drop and i'm not sure why, my tactics are perfectly fine, i think the reason i started playing so well was because i changed my tactics and got them set up properly. But now, for some reason the whole team is just playing like they don't even wanna be there, the goalkeeper is being really lazy and making stupid decisions, my defenders don't seem to want to mark anyone, they all just want to run at whoever has the ball, my midfielders can't pass all of a sudden, the passes are weak, slow and go nowhere near the player, and the strikers can't finish anything. Everyone is being really slow and there isn't much movement for the player on the ball so there is no one for him to pass to, and everyone is just racking up yellow cards.

Leeds 0-2 Blackburn (L)
Forest 1-3 Leeds (L) <-This wasn't too bad
Barnsley 3-3 Leeds (L) <--I was 3-0 up and they somehow scored 3 goals in about 20 minutes
Leeds 2-1 West Brom (C)
Derby 4-1 Leeds (L)
Leeds 0-3 Crystal Palace (L)

It seems i'm having more trouble at home than away, as most of my losses have come at home. But i really don't understand why the performance of the team has dropped so rapidly. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not an FM expert but I do know quite a lot (I'd say i'm 'just above average', if there even is an average FM player!), and i'd just really like to know if anyone has any advice for me. Thanks if you too the time to read all of this!

this always happens to me, i tweak the tactics to make it more unpredictable and then I rotate the players a bit :) hope this helps

The biggest mistake people make on FM13 is that they load 3 tactics and then rotate them on very vague general principles - eg ana away game? better utilise my counter tactics then!

So whats the point of scout next opponent facility then?! Plus other stuff. Look in MANUMAD's Box of sweets for ideas of how to get out of your predicament.

Or look for relevant threads by RAIKAN. Or ask TheBetterHalf who has a good answer for almost anything ...

this always happens to me, i tweak the tactics to make it more unpredictable and then I rotate the players a bit :) hope this helps

I was thinking about changing them again but i'm not too sure what to change and how, any ideas?? :)

The biggest mistake people make on FM13 is that they load 3 tactics and then rotate them on very vague general principles - eg ana away game?

Ah right i see, for all three tactics all i've done is just drag one player into different positions and not changed anything else.

Has the morale in the team dropped very low if yes than you firstly need to hold a proper team meeting.Than you need to have individual chats with players who all have performed badly in last 5 matches like rating of less than 6.5.Calmly tell your key players that their performance have declined and they need to improve .If they dont improve than warn them of transfer list.Do rotate your squad more than your tactics.Its imp to have the players not take their places for granted in the first team.They should know that if they dont perform someone else in the team will take his place.

Has the morale in the team dropped very low if yes than you firstly need to hold a proper team meeting.Than you need to have individual chats with players who all have performed badly in last 5 matches like rating of less than 6.5.Calmly tell your key players that their performance have declined and they need to improve .If they dont improve than warn them of transfer list.Do rotate your squad more than your tactics.Its imp to have the players not take their places for granted in the first team.They should know that if they dont perform someone else in the team will take his place.

Morale has dropped to lower than it was, most if not all players were on superb, now the highest morale rating is good and there is only three players on good. But i'll try the team meeting and talking to the players and see what happens :)

EDIT: The team meeting went well, all the players reacted well and with the individual talk all the players i talked to reacted well and said they would pick up their game. Hopefully it means they will play a bit better. Thanks

Last edited: