Team refusing to sell me a transfer listed player at asking price

longshadow

Reaction score
Here's what happened...
Dele Ali is unhappy at Spurs, wants to join my team (Chelsea) so he requests a transfer.
The Spurs agree and set the asking price at 53M euros.

Atletico Madrid makes a bid of 36M upfront plus clauses to reach the 53M mark.
Tottenham accepts the offer.

I (Chelsea) make a bid of 53M upfront.
They reject the offer and they're asking more than 100M.

Can a team do this or is it a bug?

Well, if you're the one that upset Ali, then it's possible that they're mad at you and don't want him to go to you. So you gotta pay extra. Happened to me a few times.

Here's what happened...
Dele Ali is unhappy at Spurs, wants to join my team (Chelsea) so he requests a transfer.
The Spurs agree and set the asking price at 53M euros.

Atletico Madrid makes a bid of 36M upfront plus clauses to reach the 53M mark.
Tottenham accepts the offer.

I (Chelsea) make a bid of 53M upfront.
They reject the offer and they're asking more than 100M.

Can a team do this or is it a bug?
Teams normally tell you why, but I'm guessing it's because you're a rival.

Usually, if you are a rival you get a message like... "We won't sell to a rival team", but in this case they are selling but not at the asking price...

but in this case they are selling but not at the asking price...
But you said that they are - to Atletico.

If they reject you'll get that message. If they re-negotiate, you won't get the rival message. You didn't make it clear which it was. Either way, it's either because you're in the same division or more likely, because you're a rival.

Last edited:
"Usually, if you are a rival you get a message like... "We won't sell to a rival team", but in this case they are selling to me but not at the asking price..."

There... ;)

"Usually, if you are a rival you get a message like... "We won't sell to a rival team", but in this case they are selling to me but not at the asking price..."

There... ;)
See my reply above yours. This is going in circles and I've given you the answer.

But you said that they are - to Atletico.

If they reject you'll get that message. If they re-negotiate, you won't get the rival message. You didn't make it clear which it was. Either way, it's either because you're in the same division or more likely, because you're a rival.

I am offering 53m, they want 101M, no rival message.

I am offering 53m, they want 101M, no rival message.
But you ARE rivals. Message or not, that doesn't change.

I said you won't get the rival message if they don't reject directly. They re-negotiated BECAUSE you're a rival, so they're quite clearly fairly desperate to get rid of the player if they're willing to sell to you, they just won't make it cheap.

I totally understand what you're saying, it's just-you said it first yourself: "Teams normally tell you why..."

I was expecting some kind of info, some kind of explanation from the game.

I totally understand what you're saying, it's just-you said it first yourself: "Teams normally tell you why..."

I was expecting some kind of info, some kind of explanation from the game.
Teams normally tell you why WHEN THEY REJECT. They didn't reject.