Team Shape, Roles and Duties Guide

This thread should be easier to find, some really helpful stuff in here, thanks for all your hard work.

I'm a little confused about the MC though, especially in a structured shape, you're saying I should use a role with "attack" duty, but what if I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM-triangle in midfield? In other words, there are two MC's. I can't have them both on attack? It would end up as 2 defend duties, 3 support and 5(!) attack, which of course sounds way to aggressive? Also, am I being too literal about the roles? Should they be more specialized in a structured shape?

View attachment 244071

Thanks again.

I'm a little confused about the MC though, especially in a structured shape, you're saying I should use a role with "attack" duty, but what if I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM-triangle in midfield? In other words, there are two MC's. I can't have them both on attack? It would end up as 2 defend duties, 3 support and 5(!) attack, which of course sounds way to aggressive?
That's exactly why the thread doesn't make footballing sense.

it's literally impossible for each outfield player to do only 1 task in a match. even a sweeper will still help recycling possession if most of his teammates are inside their opponent's half. read "mentality ladder" for better understanding about team shape

Flexible:
Defenders and more defensive midfielders are responsible for defensive and transition phases.
More attacking midfielders and forwards are responsible for both transition and attack phases.

Flexible Team shape set a player's mentality by his duty, not position unlike other team shapes (excluding very fluid)
that means a wingback with attack duty will get a higher mentality than a striker with support duty