Team Talk Advice

Jakey_LFC

Reaction score
im currently playing as liverpool and whenever i use the pleased team talk at half time it always has a negitve affect. even though they havent played sensational just good it always makes them play bad in the second half. is there a reason for this, help wud be appreciated.

if 1-0 up i usually warn against complacency and usually has a good affect. 2-0 pleased. 0-0 sympathise or disappointed. ive learnt never to say thrilled at half time also unless its like 5-0

i used pleased when we are 2-0 or 3-0 up and yet it has a negative effect. even if they are only playing good. its strange.

i always say for the fans usually when start of game but even if im winning 3-0 at half time or sumin i say dont expect performance to drop.

A key screen to look at is the 'motivation' screen (go to home stats or away stats, then click the little drop down menu in the top left hand corner and select 'motivation').

This will tell you how your players are feeling during the match. If you use this to personalise your teamtalks, you'll see much better results. I posted a thread written by wwfan in the tactics section on what teamtalks actually mean (as opposed to what you think they might mean) which might also be of interest.

A key screen to look at is the 'motivation' screen (go to home stats or away stats, then click the little drop down menu in the top left hand corner and select 'motivation').

This will tell you how your players are feeling during the match. If you use this to personalise your teamtalks, you'll see much better results. I posted a thread written by wwfan in the tactics section on what teamtalks actually mean (as opposed to what you think they might mean) which might also be of interest.

Yup, that's what I do. Aot of people are to lazy to do it but it has really good results, also NEVER EVER say pleased (no matter what the score) it always backfires ¬¬

Yup, that's what I do. Aot of people are to lazy to do it but it has really good results, also NEVER EVER say pleased (no matter what the score) it always backfires ¬¬

I don't know about 'never ever say pleased' to be honest. It can work well, but you have to know your players and how they will react. Don't overuse it certainly - if in the motivation screen it says they've had a 'good game', then 'pleased' is a fair teamtalk. If they've had an 'excellent game', then 'delighted' is fair enough too. Some players respond better to praise than criticism too so if you can figure it out down to an individual level that will help (eg I know Sam Gargan, my young leading striker for Bognor, prefers praise to criticism so if he's having a decent game but nothing special, I can praise him at half-time to supercharge him - if I do it too much though, he gets complacent...).

When i,m 1-0 up at half time, and if they not playin too bad nor too good, i ignore my players unless any have an 8 or higher rating, in which case i will tell that player i have faith, and tell the team nothing, usually we score not long after kick off second half, i,m not saying what i do is correct but seems to work for me, most players will have an 8 rating at full time. try it..... an GL