silversurfie

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with team talk? For the past 10 games every team talk I have used has resulted in "nothing specific noted". I cant figure out why not a single one has worked. Any thoughts?

You need to work out what works for which player, because it is based on their character.

My general approach is to use "You can win this game", "I expect a win", or "For the Fans" as a general team talk based on my chances in the upcoming match. Players with yellow or lower morale get "I trust your abilities", and for players where the option is available they get "keep going like last match" or "I expect better performance this time"

Then check with time what works for which player, i.e. some players will get discouraged if you want them to repeat their performance after a good match, others will get a boost. While in the match view, turn on the motivation screen and check how players reacted to your team talks.

In half time, players with a rating below 6.5, I tell them I'm disappointed about their performance, players over 7.1 get I'm happy with their performance, players over 8 get the absolutely phantastic talk. General team talk based on the current half time result, basically "I want to see more" if lying behind, Encouragement if it is a draw or a lead by one goal and Happy with performance if I lead by 2 or more.

If a player either missed or caused a penalty, tell them in half time to go out and show them what he can.

Sorry if the phrases don't fit exactly, but I'm using a translated version.

Last edited:
i did like what Equinox did, and suddenly my players start complain about disiplince and fairness in the backroom.

lol i just tell my ***. man. to do the talks.

You need to work out what works for which player, because it is based on their character.

My general approach is to use "You can win this game", "I expect a win", or "For the Fans" as a general team talk based on my chances in the upcoming match. Players with yellow or lower morale get "I trust your abilities", and for players where the option is available they get "keep going like last match" or "I expect better performance this time"

Then check with time what works for which player, i.e. some players will get discouraged if you want them to repeat their performance after a good match, others will get a boost. While in the match view, turn on the motivation screen and check how players reacted to your team talks.

In half time, players with a rating below 6.5, I tell them I'm disappointed about their performance, players over 7.1 get I'm happy with their performance, players over 8 get the absolutely phantastic talk. General team talk based on the current half time result, basically "I want to see more" if lying behind, Encouragement if it is a draw or a lead by one goal and Happy with performance if I lead by 2 or more.

If a player either missed or caused a penalty, tell them in half time to go out and show them what he can.

Sorry if the phrases don't fit exactly, but I'm using a translated version.

I have been doing that. I've been following Wolfsong's Teamtalk guide to the T and nothing seems to be working. For the past 10-15 games or so when I check my *** man teamtalk report after a match all over them no matter what I put say "nothing specific noted"; prematch, halftime, and match end.

I've noticed the same silver but maybe 1-5 games if a player is 6.0 or less at half time. I use "I have faith in your ability" his rating will increase to atleast 6.9 to 7+ by full time. he may not score a goal but improve his game.

i did like what Equinox did, and suddenly my players start complain about disiplince and fairness in the backroom.

lol i just tell my ***. man. to do the talks.

I do this too, whatever I try seems to do more harm than good. The only thing I change is when he says something like "pressure is off" for a very important non-friendly game. Then I override.