Pinadiku

Reaction score
Do you guys think it works?

I never really gave much attention to it, but now, on my 5th season with Lincoln, i have 3 coaches that can help me do the team talk, 2 attacking and 1 defensive, i always use 1 of them to help me do the first talk, and then i go by sections, always saying the same: passionate: i have faith in you! and 70-80% of the players go out happy and motivated and i am doing an amazing season...

not sure if its this, or the tactic finally got roots on the team but i am not stopping them lol

In my first season (we pretty much won every game, couple of draws and very very rarely lost) the only response that got a positive reaction of +80% of my starting line up was assertively enjoy the match, no pressure or play ur natural game. On the odd occasions we were down at half time id use aggressive tone with not happy with performance or show me sumin else 2nd half which gave good motivation and they usually scored quickly and played much better. So i guess it does have an effect.

It definetely worked for me but I "always" use at the beginning:
PASSION : "I expect a victory"

Same as last year...

Yep, the occasional aggressive tone at half time if the team are underperforming works a treat. One or two players will often get angry, while the rest get motivated, but they're happy as anything once they've pulled off a win so I don't worry about that. I've often had press reports afterwards where a player has spoken to the press to say the half time talk changed the game.

I'll also get aggressive post match if they've chucked away a game through complacency, as this does seem to sharpen things up for the next match.

This is only for games where you expect a reasonable chance of a win though.

Something else that can often work to motivate one or two players is assertive/passionate "I expect a win" before the match (if you don't really expect to win, your players will get confused instead). Passionate/assertive/calm "Give the fans something to cheer" is my standard fallback (I'll adjust the tone according to ref strictness as passionate seems to get more cards sometimes)

I do the "have faith" group/individual talks at times too if morale needs boosting, but to get a result "looks happy" isn't a patch on "looks motivated" or "looks sharper".