Hey im 28 and have been hooked on FM for the last 10 years, I always play as Arsenal they are a great team to manage with all their quality youngsters, i'm enjoying this years game a lot as i've got the team playing some fantastic football, I thought id share my tips and tactics for anyone who is struggling to find consistency with Arsenal, my biggest tip is keep it simple.

I play an attacking 4-4-2 that is also very strong defensively, I've noticed a lot of people asking for help with tactics on here are over complicating things, just because you can set every slider doesn't mean you have to!

A big tip is ALWAYS set opposition instructions before every game, strikers should be set to tackle hard and show on weaker foot, and all the oppositions midfielders should be set to close down, if you close down the whole team your team will tire quickly and your players will waste their energy closing down defenders who pose no attacking threat.

I've only changed 5 team instructions all the rest are left on default, style - fluid, strategy - attacking, passing - short and finally set my advanced playmaker as playmaker (you should only have 1 advanced playmaker) and poacher as target man.

View attachment 305577 View attachment 305579View attachment 305580

Last edited:
tip for buying players keep saying your interested and saying you love them basically it unsettles them and will hand in transfer request leave it last minute to buy them and always buy on 48month deals.

Do NOT do this. In the short term it allows you to sign players without much of an outlay, and you may think it makes sense to spread the transfer over the long term. However, adopting this sort of strategy will significantly damage your clubs finances in the long term and you will find that the debt builds up.

I have never had a problem managing Arsenal and always seem to win a cup a season at least. Would love to know how Neymar, Falcao and Gotze are coming to them though?
In FM13 I have decided to go down the Dortmund and Barcelona route and build my team around a solid base of young players Szczesny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chambo and Walcott. I have started recruiting 4* and above potential players for my youth team like Luke Shaw, Mason Bennett and Alesio Romagnoli while adding some short term talent with good selling potential Tiote, Ba, Sissoko, Belhanda.
I have found a way to get Carzola to play but he is very hit and miss while Emmanuel Frimpong is developing into a top notch midfielder.
Formation wise I used to alter every slider for every player but have now chosen 1 or 2 key players to give extra jobs too while players who can't play the way I need them too get edited aswell. I play 2 short slow possession based tactics so players like Koscielny and Vermaulen get told to pass it really short so I can keep hold of the ball, and one direct tactic and just beat Dortmund 5-1 and Man U 4-0. Will post screenshots of tactics in a bit

I have never had a problem managing Arsenal and always seem to win a cup a season at least. Would love to know how Neymar, Falcao and Gotze are coming to them though?
In FM13 I have decided to go down the Dortmund and Barcelona route and build my team around a solid base of young players Szczesny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chambo and Walcott. I have started recruiting 4* and above potential players for my youth team like Luke Shaw, Mason Bennett and Alesio Romagnoli while adding some short term talent with good selling potential Tiote, Ba, Sissoko, Belhanda.
I have found a way to get Carzola to play but he is very hit and miss while Emmanuel Frimpong is developing into a top notch midfielder.
Formation wise I used to alter every slider for every player but have now chosen 1 or 2 key players to give extra jobs too while players who can't play the way I need them too get edited aswell. I play 2 short slow possession based tactics so players like Koscielny and Vermaulen get told to pass it really short so I can keep hold of the ball, and one direct tactic and just beat Dortmund 5-1 and Man U 4-0. Will post screenshots of tactics in a bit

Could you post those screenshots? Id love to see

Basicaly the first season will always be a struggle for arsenal as you have to rebuild the squad
So the first step is to get rid of all the fringe players so chamakh arshavin djourou santos rosicky
fabianski and so on. Also sell gervhino chelsea always buy him for 24 million!!! Then the aim is to buy
A wonderkid in nearly every position!! These are my favs to sign

marc ver stergan gk
david alaba LB
kryiakos papadopplous cb
verane cb
never buy a Rb
romulo or nuri sahin for cm
erik lamela aml
ben arfa amr
isco amc
and cant remember my striker lol!

but if you get these players or players of similar quality
and struggle with the first season you will see that the team
will start coming together and you will trophies in the 2nd season.
i won all trophies including champs league europa cup super cup and all that in my first three seasons
But took me five season before my team was strong wnough to win the prem!!