zindrinho

Reaction score
I've been thinking about starting a save with Bournemouth, spending the PL TV-money on building a huge stadium and of course youth facilities,
but then I remembered on an older version of FM the City council of Newcastle refused me to increase the stadium capacity to more than around 60k or so.

SO, is there a way to check either in editor or if someone has found a good list online I would be really interested to know if there is a set limit by the game on how big a stadium Bournemouth can have.

And another Q, if their Vitality stadium cant be expanded more than to a certain point, should I consider saving up money and then building a brand new stadium instead? And could that stadium have a higher max capacity than what the game already has set for Bournemouth?

Hope this made sense, happing gaming!

Vitality has a pretty limited expansion capacity. Something like 16.5K. After a successful first season in a Bournemouth save, the board agreed to build a new stadium. Capacity was only 20k, with expansion capacity to 30k. I don't know if it would have made any difference if I waited another year or two in-game, to further increase the club reputation. The city isn't that huge so you aren't likely ever going to get a 70K seater.

In my current save, I'm one year in and Bournemouth had a decent first season. Finished 12th. I just saw they are building a new stadium. Capacity is again right around 20K, but expansion for this one can go up to 40K. So I guess it does vary save to save.

In my current save, I'm one year in and Bournemouth had a decent first season. Finished 12th. I just saw they are building a new stadium. Capacity is again right around 20K, but expansion for this one can go up to 40K. So I guess it does vary save to save.

Thanks a lot for the input, really appreciate it!
Can I ask you approximately how much you paid for the new stadium? It seems to me Bournemouth doesnt own Vitality either, so you'd have to buy it before being able to expand it?

Thanks a lot for the input, really appreciate it!
Can I ask you approximately how much you paid for the new stadium? It seems to me Bournemouth doesnt own Vitality either, so you'd have to buy it before being able to expand it?

I don't think Vitality is council owned. Think its privately owned. So not sure if you can expand it without buying it.

I don't think Vitality is council owned. Think its privately owned. So not sure if you can expand it without buying it.

yes, that's what I'm trying to say: I think you have to buy it before being able to expand it.
So if it can only be expanded to around 16,5k I really wouldn't want to buy it, but rather just build a new one straight away!

Do you have any idea on how much you had to pay for building your new stadium for Bournemouth?
I see they're only a category 3 academy as well, need to put some major £ into their facilities, but that's why I chose them :)

I don't remember off hand. It was actually much less than a big new stadium costs in reality. I wasn't going to ask after the first season as I got a big transfer fund and spent most of it, so I was thinking they would say no. But the board was eager. Think the club took out a loan for it...?

aah, yeah a loan makes sense, it would just be interesting to know if I could plan ahead and save up for a 2nd new stadium if the first one I get has a max cap at 30-40k, but I'm probably getting ahead of myself.
Thanks a lot for chiming in pal! :)

There is a 20 year minimum between new stadiums, so it won't be soon to get a 2nd new one. And the community size may limit how big it can get regardless, even if you are the most prestigious club in England, or even the world.

I really enjoyed that Bournemouth save and wanna go back and do another. But I'm currently managing in Russia and really wanna try in South America next.

Vitality has a pretty limited expansion capacity. Something like 16.5K. After a successful first season in a Bournemouth save, the board agreed to build a new stadium. Capacity was only 20k, with expansion capacity to 30k. I don't know if it would have made any difference if I waited another year or two in-game, to further increase the club reputation. The city isn't that huge so you aren't likely ever going to get a 70K seater.

Yeah after first season board started for a new stadium "Fletcher Arena" which is 20k capacity.

Yeah after first season board started for a new stadium "Fletcher Arena" which is 20k capacity.

Same name in my save lol. Although I have seen in other saves that they went with different names so at least its not constantly the same.

I think just have 2 icons in history of Bournemouth. And AI choose the name of the stadium from them.