havanaclue

Reaction score
After downloading a well proven tactic which worked for everybody but failed for me, I started to look at what I was doing wrong. After reading the OP on Kofloks Goals Galore and he wrote

Quote Originally Posted by koflok
Pre-Match Team:
(Aggressive) I expect a Win
Pre-Match Individual:
If motivated, don't talk
If not motivated, (Passionately)I have faith in you

Half-Time Team:
When winning big, (Calm) Don't get complacent
When losing/drawing/winning 1-0/playing bad, (Aggressive) Team's pride at stake (or whatever on top)

Full-Time:
Winning, (Passionately) A very nice victory, well done
Losing/drawing (Aggressive) I'm dissapointed (or whatever on top)

Now I had problems saying aggresive on pre-match so I alternated between assertive and passionate. At half time, the players who didn't react (or reacted badly - very rarely 10%) I said passionately - i have faith.

About 60% react well.

Before I tested teamtalks a la Koflok.
View attachment 202048

Coventry was my first testing game for kofloks theory
View attachment 202049

Conclusions
All matches I played after Coventry, the team played well bar a couple of matches and then I still drew. 15 games unbeaten.
Maybe requires more testing ?

Last edited:
There's something in this definitely. Morale and Inspiration play a big role to any team and what you've shown so far proves that. That's not to say it's definitive however.

I don't know whether it's the team talks you gave or your team getting fluid with the tactic but there's a shift in performance.

There's something in this definitely. Morale and Inspiration play a big role to any team and what you've shown so far proves that. That's not to say it's definitive however.

I don't know whether it's the team talks you gave or your team getting fluid with the tactic but there's a shift in performance.

The team was already fluid after 12 games or so. I used the same 2 tactics all season. Here's a few screenshots.

Pre match
View attachment 202050

Half time
View attachment 202051

Full time
View attachment 202052

Last edited:
The system of giving individual talks (you have faith) gets a positive response from players (between 50%-80%) but it's difficult to compare with what would of happened if I hadn't said so. Was because of my teamtalk that I won or because the opposition were **** at finishing their chances ?

I think teamtalks most certainly have more impact than previous version. I have seen incredible turnarounds after a good half-time team talk. With that being said I still don't understand the full nuances of the team talks. I like to mix it up, and not keep doing the same talks over and over so the impact is not diminished. However that is just a theory I haven't really been consistent enough in my team talks to see if the game handicaps you in the future.