Technical HELP needed with Steam. Please, people, save a tortured soul if you can.

rockatansky

Reaction score
First of all, I was not sure where to post this, so let me know if its not appropriate to do so here and if there is a special thread for technical issues.

At the time I am playing the DEMO version of FM13 on Steam as I am waiting for my copy to arrive, because in Germany I can't buy it or download it legally. EA Sports wont allow it. I know, its madness but its true.

Anyway, I was playing without a single problem for 5-6 days and suddenly this morning I tried to play and got this message after it crashed:

"MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ - RUNTIME LIBRARY

RUNTIME ERROR!

THIS APPLICATION HAS REQUESTED THE RUNTIME TO TERMINATE IT IN AN UNUSUAL WAY"

"Unusual" was not the word that came out of my mouth after I got it for a sixth time.

The game launches properly, seems to load properly, but just before it FULLY loads it crashes and I read the message. Thing is, while it crashes, FM2013 application still seems like working on Task Manager.

Does anyobody know what is going on or what might be the problem here?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Demo, I updated Visual C++ and my graphic cards drivers but nada, I still get the same message.

Got an old laptop at the moment so its Windows XP by the way. Great eh?
I am going crazy that I can't play at the moment so any help or idea would be more than welcome.

Anyone? Bill Gates? Raikan? God, even?

Thanks in advance