Reaction score
Are they the same??
View attachment 467000 View attachment 467001
This is a question that has really been bugging me.

The two player positions highlighted in the first picture have different roles, a DLP & B2B.
Now, if we forget about their roles and what the text says, will a player with exactly the same settings and in an exact same circumstance... play any differently in each position ?

The team instructions in the second picture have different strategy's and philosophy's, v rigid/contain & v fluid/attacking.
Same question as before really, will the two tactic's with exactly the same settings and in an exact same circumstance and using players with the exact same settings... play any differently to each other?

Basically in layman's terms what I'm asking is...is their an underlying piece of programming that sets one player apart form another aside from their unique personal stats?

I THINK looking at the player instructions might provide a better answer than the overall team. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head (and don't quote me on this, as you know, im new 'round here) is that I seem to remember something like "preferred styles" or something similar.

the second you touch the sliders players' roles won't mean much. If you tweak sliders to the point that a DLP and a BBM have same settings obviously they will play the same way.
Not so obvious if you don't know whether the AI controls a DLP differently to a BBM.

Not so obvious if you don't know whether the AI controls a DLP differently to a BBM.

player roles, as well as team philosophy and strategy, are simply names given to particular combinations of sliders that should help FM users to play within the ME (which was the main goal of the new tactic creator).

Substantial tweaks to sliders make all of that stuff useless which is not necessarily bad as there are still ways to be successful using classic tactics (classic tactics do not feature players roles or team philosophy). If you create a tactic via TC and then modify all the sliders and settings you're basically making it a classic tactic.

Player roles ONLY affect player settings, so yes, if 2 players have the same settings they will play the same.

However, this is not the case with the team style and philosophy. Although they also don't have any hidden instructions like you asked, they affect player settings as well as team settings.

So to get 2 teams to play identically with different styles and philosophies, you would have to make every player have the same player settings as the player on the other team in the same position :)

They will play differently if the DLP is set as the playmaker but not otherwise.