Technical Tips for Football Manager 2012

*Paul*

Reaction score
Football Manager can be frustrating at times, as some things don't work. However, there are normally easy ways to solve these issues - especially if you look hard enough.

These methods may be fairly time consuming, but they're better than a game which doesn't work. So here's some tips to help make sure FM works well for you...

1. You don't have to solve the problem alone. Using search engines, forums and websites can help you solve the problem. Other people may be able to help you, but if you don't tell them about your problem, what can they do about it? Asking for help from experts and friends will help - in fact, you could use things like MSN, Facebook and Twitter to contact them if necessary.

2. Use your common sense. Most of the time, the problem is simple. Think back to the error message or what you may of done to cause the error. Some errors are user-specific and not many other people know how to solve it. Sometimes you just need to use some common sense - if it is clearly a skin error, then uninstall your skin and then re-boot FM.

3. Clear your cache. I'm not quite sure what the cache is, to be honest, so please can someone tell me. However, I know it can sometimes be helpful to clear you cache. You can find your cache here (you need to make sure you have 'view hidden files and folders' ticked first:
Local Disk (C:) > Users > [Name of your User Profile] > AppData > Roaming > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012 > cache > english
Delete everything in the 'english' folder, and it will clear your cache, but bear in mind these instructions are for Windows 7 - you will need to use your common sense and find the equivalent on your Operating System.

4. Re-install the game. Yes, this is tedious and may seem unecessary, but sometimes it is the only method and works most of the time. It may take time, and effort, but it's better than you having a game which you can't even play! Remember to uninstall the game via the Uninstall folder, not the Control Panel and then install it again.

Hope this guide helps a lot of people, and please could some experts check what I'm writing is all correct. If you have any queries, post it in this thread and someone (hopefully me) will get back to you ASAP.

This is a simple guide, not very specific so don't expect the answer to everything in here. I will add more solutions if I think of any more, and feel free to suggest more.

Thanks,
*Paul*

Last edited: