zaid 92

Reaction score
hey guys

creating a save where my tactic is more possession based rather than my usual approach of basically play ugly and win.

i can easily spot players who can contribute towards my aim but they're not young and english. i'm man utd and currently i reckon only two young players could step in but they're not ready yet. could anyone recommend anyone to sign.

and with developing them from players coming into the academy. how could i improve this. i'm going to keep the junior coaching to a high level. with regards to coaches im thinking of getting another technical coach in.

any improvements for my approach or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you

In real life, your chance of finding young English players that can play like that is 0...but on FM yes you need good U19 coaches, a good scouting network and head of youth development.

I find good clubs tend to get better regens anyway but I think your scouting network/knowledge probably has something to do with it as well!

I'm at Barca and I'm planning to just use my youth, they are all in my first team and I arrange friendlies in-between my main matches, no idea if it helps more than leaving them in my U19 squad but time will tell.

In real life, your chance of finding young English players that can play like that is 0...but on FM yes you need good U19 coaches, a good scouting network and head of youth development.

I find good clubs tend to get better regens anyway but I think your scouting network/knowledge probably has something to do with it as well!

I'm at Barca and I'm planning to just use my youth, they are all in my first team and I arrange friendlies in-between my main matches, no idea if it helps more than leaving them in my U19 squad but time will tell.

You don't need a HoYD, they are basically the same as a DoF, and are only useful for selling/loaning out young players you tell him to!

Jonjo shelvy, skillful english. Center midfield, lacks pace though, but perfect in possesion game, i have him in my AMC...

also, go to player search, then set parameters like, at most age at 18, then the stats you need..

Will Hughes

Will Hughes is a deffo, I signed him in season one (I'm Man U) along with, Mason Bennett, Luke shaw, James Prowse, chalobah and Redmond.

Some good youngsters are there but good luck getting them at cut price when your Utd.