Coupdhaha

Reaction score
I've been trying to search for an answer but haven't really found a definitive answer.

My first question is what exactly is technique- is it basically natural ability?

And secondly, just how important is it? Is technique for example for important than the dribbling or the long shot stat? I'm assuming it would be more important to attacking players than defending players,

What are your guys views on this stat?

Technique - the better this attribute is, the more options the player has how to pass/shoot/cross etc.

I've been trying to search for an answer but haven't really found a definitive answer.

My first question is what exactly is technique- is it basically natural ability?

And secondly, just how important is it? Is technique for example for important than the dribbling or the long shot stat? I'm assuming it would be more important to attacking players than defending players,

What are your guys views on this stat?

Search a thread called Mantrulx's training masterclass, this explains the technique, creative and decision making attributes very well. Basically, what you state is correct, it all comes down to basic natural ability and acts as a 'core attribute' in the game. And as for the two examples you give, they are directly linked to technique, I'll try and put it into a fictive context for you.

A player can have 20 long shots and when he strikes the ball correctly, would mean he has a goood chance of scoring from distance. Technique means that he is less likely to scuff the ball leading up to his wonder strike, and more likely to hit the ball in the top corner.

You can make up a lot of different examples for how technique can improve virtually attribute, but basically in Football Manager terms, it ups the success rate of a given action.

Search a thread called Mantrulx's training masterclass, this explains the technique, creative and decision making attributes very well. Basically, what you state is correct, it all comes down to basic natural ability and acts as a 'core attribute' in the game. And as for the two examples you give, they are directly linked to technique, I'll try and put it into a fictive context for you.

A player can have 20 long shots and when he strikes the ball correctly, would mean he has a goood chance of scoring from distance. Technique means that he is less likely to scuff the ball leading up to his wonder strike, and more likely to hit the ball in the top corner.

You can make up a lot of different examples for how technique can improve virtually attribute, but basically in Football Manager terms, it ups the success rate of a given action.

Oh ok, so technique is a very important stat. So when searching for regens, especially attacking ones, technique is an important one to focus on.