Status
Not open for further replies.

gamestar

Reaction score
My challenge is to get Middlesbrough back into the premiership and back into europe!! hopefully first season will gain automatic promotion, second season consolidate in prem and then hopefully push on towards europe! i will update my posts after eacgh month i play after pre-season is finished. wish me luck! UP THE BORO!

de8gu1.jpg

SOUTHGATE AXED
Gareth_Southgate_Middlesbrough.jpg

Sky Sports News can confirm Middlesbrough FC have parted company with manager Gareth Southgate. Southgate who's reign lasted 3 years on Teesside was sacked yesterday following the clubs relegation from the Premier League in May.
Boro chairman Steve Gibson wants in a new manager and fresh start for the club, who hope to bounce back at the first time of asking to the Premier League. Current favourites for job are Terry Venables, Graeme Souness, Alan Curbishley, Peter Taylor and coach Colin Cooper.

odds with sky-bet

Greame Souness - 4/1
Terry Venables - 5/1
Alan Curbishley - 5/1
Colin Cooper - 7/1
Peter Taylor - 7/1
Paul Jewell - 9/1
Bryan Robson - 15/1

de8gu1.jpg

THOMPSON IN AT BORO
2837289687-soccer-barclays-premier-league-middlesbrough-v-arsenal-riverside-stadium-788657.jpg

Middlesbrough today confirmed the shock appointment of Dave Thompson as the club's new manager on a two-year contract. Thompson, 38, was seen by many as a shock contender for the vacancy on Teesside as it is his first managerial role, gathering a mixed reaction from fans. Thompson was once a player at Middlesbrough coming though the youth system in the late 80's. The ex forward went on to play 132 games for Boro scoring 47 goals before moving on to Celtic in the summer of 1995.
Boro chairman Steve Gibson had this to say "I'm delighted to welcome Dave to the club, i do believe he is the right man to take the club back to were it wants to be, he's from the area and used to play for Middlesbrough so he knows what the fans want, he's one of their own and i think he'll deliver, he's got great ambition and great passion for Middlesbrough Football Club which is fantastic"
New boss Thompson seemed delighted when we got to speak him about his new challenge "I am really excited to be given this oppertunity and i would like to thank Steve for allowing me to get into management. The aim is promotion, it has to be done, hopefully at the first time of asking, we have some good players here and there is a bit of money to spend if i need to strenghthen the squad"
Thompson went on to say about his doubters "I only want whats best for Middlesbrough, i used to play here, i am from the north-east and i share the passion of the fans and i want nothing but the very best, i can assure the fans i will give 110% and work day and night until i feel i have been succesful here, and that's a promise. I may not have any experiance in top flight management but i have had many coaching roles since my retirement in 2004."
On transfers
"Yes i want to keep Adam Johnson and David Wheater they are fine young player who have come through the ranks like i did, you always want to hang on to your best players, that applies to Gary O'Neil and Manny Pogatetz aswell"

pre-season and transfers to follow!!
comments much appreciated!

is this story due to continue, just that i was rather gripped by your opening story and as a fellow middlesbrough fan living only 10 mins from the ground i was intrested to hear your managerial story

UP THE BORO good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.