Mrmuto

Reaction score
Please help me to understand..what is the really meaning for tempo in FM 2013?
and how do i make my team defend with a very narrow width and to attack with an extremly wide width and use the whole pitch..
And about time wasting again whats the real meaning of it I dont undestand..does it means that my team will try to use the ball when they wasting time or just waste time when they have corners and ETC
I just find myself making tactics and don't know how to use these..
THX for helping

Tempo = How quick and urgent the players should get the ball FORWARD
Width = How much Of the Pitch width the players try to use within their formation when in possession.
Time Wasting = Decision Urgency and also how much time the players actually try to waste( like on free kicks late in matches when 1-0 up)

As for how to be narrow when defending, it's all about the formation, marking and closing down, along with how you handle the opponents wingers( trying to stay inside rather than outside)

I think tempo means how fast you move the ball generally, not necessarily only forward. You can achive possesion both with high tempo and with low tempo. Low tempo would mean your players make more touches on the ball and think longer before they pass it, while high tempo would mean prolly only one touch of the ball, therefore increasing the chance of losing it, but also meaning your players will be less prone to closing down by opponent. High decisions and first touch is imperative for one touch football.

You cant have both narrow and wide width, at least in fm 13. The setting is general for both attacking and defending.

Time waisting depends on your strategy and player mentality. The lower it is, the more they will waste time. It is a usefull tool when you have built up a few goals advantage, but it is pretty much suicidal to use it from the start of the match.

I think tempo means how fast you move the ball generally, not necessarily only forward. You can achive possesion both with high tempo and with low tempo. Low tempo would mean your players make more touches on the ball and think longer before they pass it, while high tempo would mean prolly only one touch of the ball, therefore increasing the chance of losing it, but also meaning your players will be less prone to closing down by opponent. High decisions and first touch is imperative for one touch football.

You cant have both narrow and wide width, at least in fm 13. The setting is general for both attacking and defending.

Time waisting depends on your strategy and player mentality. The lower it is, the more they will waste time. It is a usefull tool when you have built up a few goals advantage, but it is pretty much suicidal to use it from the start of the match.
That's a wrong statement, Tempo isn't related necessarily to decision, but time wasting is. Time wasting means more time for the player to decide whichpass / where / how etc.

Decisions is related to everything really.

Like written in my earlier post..
Time wasting = Decision Urgency

To play a high tempo, the players most of all need to be more explosive than if using a slow tiki taka approach. Naturally, if the players have better stats in Decision, Technique, Creativity etc, they will perform better with all approaches as they will be better footballer :d