Tennis

• Thread starter Thread starter Anton86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2K
The Virtua Tennis series is pretty good.

Virtua Tennis 2009 has recently come out but Virtua Tennis 3 (last years) is worth getting, cheaply too.

i love virtua tennis 3. made my custom player ridiculously tall and amazingly good. i love him. he's like a son to me.

i don't really know what you said means but i heard somewhere that virtua tennis is a more arcadey game which is fun but a bit easy but topspin is harder to begin with but when you get good it's more satisfying as it didn't come straight away. i've only ever played virtua.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

totally agree but i was looking for a game realy ;)
How dus Virtua Tennis work? How is the game build up

i'm such a ****** i only just realised by "actual tennis" he meant actual tennis and not a game called "actual tennis"

virtua tennis is good, i have vt3 and its very good all round, even if it does get irritating with players always falling over. but i havent played topspin so ive got nothing to compare it with

I will get VT2009 soon :P but i play Top spin 3 and it's good .. but gets boring :P

I love both, but topsin lacks the arcade depth of Virtua, so i'll say Virtua Tennis.

hee man totally of topic but your signature, i remember being in NY at the Nike store, seeing that big sign at the rolling stairs, got a picture of it then,
nevermind, ok I'll think I'll give Virtua Tennis a go, thanks for the info
(and keep it coming)

The Virtua Tennis series is pretty good.

Virtua Tennis 2009 has recently come out but Virtua Tennis 3 (last years) is worth getting, cheaply too.

It Depnds, if you are tennis fan, Follow the sport then Virtua is the worst tennis game ever made.
I hate the way you playing on a pool table, training in space, under the sea stc. The Career mode does not even loosely resmeble a tennis season.
For a Casual tennis fan and a decent gamer then Virtua tennis is good, because its gameplay engine is very good, nothing else though.

My Personal Favorite game is Tennis Elbow 2009, its a low spec pc game http://www.managames.com/tennis/game_en.html

Its got a full ranking system, a real ATP tour were you play the real touranments at all series levels.
Its realistic to the point on your first tour you may not be able to enter a grand slam depending on your perfomance.
100 + real players with acurate ability levels.
The Game mechanics are complex and finicky but you will adjust and enjoy it

So if you follow tennis - Tennis Elbow 2009
If you watch wimbledon and get a tennis bugt for a few days then Virtua Tennis

Last edited:
your reading my mind there. just got into the tennis feeling again because of Wimbledon, got that once in a while. Anyhow, that sounds like a good game. But for me I don't really stick to games unless it's football manager. Tried NHL manager a few years back, has that game improved?

well then I'd rent Virtua Tennis thats your best bet, if you buy it will be a waste of 40 pound. It only has about 3 hours gameplay max before any normal player would sucomb to boredom.

Back