Terry Venables: The Emulation Challenge

wr1097

Reaction score
Hey again, you guys might have read my ongoing Ultimate Champions League Challenge, which I will be doing alongside this new story - W4NKER'S Emulation Challenge, which I have modified a bit.

My aim is to win major league tiitles and national cups with the teams that a manager has managed.

And for this challenge, I have chosen:

article-1158333-049E38510000044D-167_468x327.jpg

Terry Venables

1985 Manager of the Year, 2 caps for the national team and managing England on their way to their best finish in the European Championships.

I will be taking Venables' namesake on a journey to win titles with the following teams:

Crystal Palace
Q.P.R
Barcelona
Tottenham
England
Australia
Middlesbrough
Leeds United

Wish me luck!!

VENABLES TAKES OVER AT SELHURST PARK

venables.jpg

Crystal Palace F.C chairman Steve Parish has announced today that ex-Tottenham and Chelsea midfielder Terry Venables will be taking over as manager, with former boss Ian Holloway leaving with immediate effect.

Venables is said to be delighted to be taking up his first managerial position and will address fans and the media in an official press conference on Sunday.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CLUB

Crystal Palace Football Club is an English Football league club based in South Norwood, London. The team plays its home matches at Selhurst Park, where it has been based since 1924. The club currently competes in the second tier of English Football, The Championship. Crystal Palace was formed in 1905 by workers at The Crystal Palace.

The club reached the top division of English Football in 1969–70, and its first major final was in1990. It was relegated from the top division in 1973 and once again in the following season. That left the club playing in the third tier of English football for the 1974–75 season, before being promoted back to the top level by 1979–80.
Crystal Palace's most recent successful period began in 1988–89, when the club finished third in the Second Division and was promoted to the First Division. It reached the 1990 FA Cup Final only to lose the replay against Manchester United, and finished 3rd in the First Division in 1990–91.

Palace was a founding member of the FA Premier League (1992–93) but was relegated that season. Since then Palace has been relegated from and promoted to the FA Premier League on 4 separate occasions. Its most recent relegation from the top flight was in the 2004–05 season.
Crystal Palace's main rival is Brighton & Hove Albion, though it also has rivalries with fellow South London teams Millwall and Charlton Athletic.

The club has twice gone into administration, first in 1998, which ended in 2000 with its purchase by Simon Jordan. His tenure also ended with administration in 2010, leading to a takeover by the CPFC 2010 consortium consisting of Steve Parish, Martin Long, Stephen Browett and Jeremy Hosking.

200px-Crystal_Palace.svg.png

VENABLES' TEAM REPORT

CRYSTAL PALACE - Championship 2012/13
Key Players

AM(R) Wilfried Zaha - on loan from Manchester United

View attachment 320697

AM(C) Jon Williams

View attachment 320698

D(R) Ashley Richards - on loan from Swansea

View attachment 320699

DM - Mile Jedinak

View attachment 320700

D(L) - Jonathan Parr

View attachment 320701

It is imperative to make use of Zaha and Richards before they return to their clubs. One other key player will be keeper Speroni.

Defence will be crucial if we are to push for promotion this season.

Transfer budget is extremely low, and so I will have to depend on free transfers, since the club's quota of loan deals is already complete.

Pre-season fixtures:

Tranmere (A)
FC United (A)
Fiorentina (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Zaragoza (H)
Swansea (H)
Pre-season camp : London

CRYSTAL PALACE PRE-SEASON REPORT

Tranmere vs Crystal Palace

Prenton Park
0-0

A really poor match against lower league opposition.. I expected better from the team.

FC United vs Crystal Palace
Gigg Lane
3-0
McCarthy, Nimely, Page (o.g)

Again.. I feel we should have done better, given the strength of the opposition.
Thank god it's only the pre-season.

Crystal Palace vs Fiorentina
Selhurst Park
0-2

I can't really complain, can I?

Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace
Goldsands Stadium
2-0
Murray (2)

Crystal Palace vs Zaragoza
Selhurst Park
0-1

Crystal Palace vs Swansea
Selhurst Park
2-3
Dobbie, Williams

3 late goals from the Swans cost us the game because we played very lazily.

An overall poor pre-season, and I'm most concerned about the lack of significant transfer activity, having to work with a pathetic budget!

Pre-season record : 2 W ; 1 D ; 3 L

Capital One Cup - 1st Round Draw

Crystal Palace vs Plymouth
Selhurst Park

I should win this one fairly easily.

Hey guys, just FYI i won't be able to play FM for a few days, cos I have some sort of a workshop at school, so I'm putting this save on hold as well.
I'm planning to start a new save, but I'm having some trouble picking the right challenge for the save.

Please feel free to vote here