Terry will not offer resignation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
John Terry will not offer to resign as England captain following allegations of an affair with a team-mate's former girlfriend, BBC Sport understands.

More...

he should step down for the simple fact that it will give him one less thing to concentrate on all he will be concerned with is playing well and sorting out his personal problems instead of worrying about gettin dropped this that

yer he should step down just because he has an affair with a single woman.... bridge wasent with the girl and terry is not the first nor will be the last player to have a affair or anything else bad. its a OFF the field problem simple as that.

he shudnt be captain anyway its should be gerrard as much as i hate him!

yer he should step down just because he has an affair with a single woman.... bridge wasent with the girl and terry is not the first nor will be the last player to have a affair or anything else bad. its a OFF the field problem simple as that.
Meh.

Sorry but I've heard it before on the other thread. Surely you'd agree that what happens off the pitch, will at times affect someone on the pitch?

Yeah he's not the first player to have an affair, I never said he was, but nobody else was the England captain at the time were they? Terry should just step down and get on with it, the quicker he steps down, the quicker people forget about it.

he shudnt be captain anyway its should be gerrard as much as i hate him!

oh yer because terry has done such a bad job as england captian hasent he?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Meh.

Sorry but I've heard it before on the other thread. Surely you'd agree that what happens off the pitch, will at times affect someone on the pitch?

Yeah he's not the first player to have an affair, I never said he was, but nobody else was the England captain at the time were they? Terry should just step down and get on with it, the quicker he steps down, the quicker people forget about it.

weather he steps down or not people will forget about it simple as that. lets all make a huge decsition like changing the captian just 5 months before a world cup. other countrys know this will play straight into their hands. weather terry is captian or not wont change the fact they will still both most proberly be in the same squad in the summer so the only way to solve this really is one of the to not be selected..... can you see england getting far without terry because i cant.

oh yer because terry has done such a bad job as england captian hasent he?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

weather he steps down or not people will forget about it simple as that. lets all make a huge decsition like changing the captian just 5 months before a world cup. other countrys know this will play straight into their hands. weather terry is captian or not wont change the fact they will still both most proberly be in the same squad in the summer so the only way to solve this really is one of the to not be selected..... can you see england getting far without terry because i cant.
Well obviously we are going to pick Terry over Bridge, that's a no brainer.

I never said Terry shouldn't be selected, I said he should hand over the captaincy to someone else. It's not going to make a huge difference, Terry will act as a leader on the pitch whether he is a captain or not, so it's easier to give it to Lampard or Rooney.

Well obviously we are going to pick Terry over Bridge, that's a no brainer.

I never said Terry shouldn't be selected, I said he should hand over the captaincy to someone else. It's not going to make a huge difference, Terry will act as a leader on the pitch whether he is a captain or not, so it's easier to give it to Lampard or Rooney.

i also belive that gerrard,rooney and lampard have said they dont want to take the captincy off terry. capello will make his descition on footballing reasons and taking this into consideration i belive he will keep terry as captian. and as for fans booing him surely they have seen now that it only makes him play better so i say boo away fans.

i also belive that gerrard,rooney and lampard have said they dont want to take the captincy off terry. capello will make his descition on footballing reasons and taking this into consideration i belive he will keep terry as captian. and as for fans booing him surely they have seen now that it only makes him play better so i say boo away fans.
I don't for one minute believe if they were offered the captaincy, that they would turn it down. I never even mentioned fans booing Terry so you're going off in loo-la land a bit there mate.

and i never said hes done a bad job hes meant to set an example and failed!lol most players get up to no good but when your the captain of your country its a different matter.

You are the most biased person I have ever seen in my life. Dont try and say you aren't because it is so obvious you are...

I don't for one minute believe if they were offered the captaincy, that they would turn it down. I never even mentioned fans booing Terry so you're going off in loo-la land a bit there mate.

i know you never mentioed it but i just brang it up. are you from portsmouth max?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

You are the most biased person I have ever seen in my life. Dont try and say you aren't because it is so obvious you are...

im trying to look at it from anouther view not the papers all the time. they are so quick to capitalise on a story about a player but if england dont win the world cup they will be the first people to slag off the squad. i would have been happy if gerrard, ferdinand or even gerrard got the job first time round but they didnt. and on the pitch terry has been brilliant as captian. most countrys are looking at england now and laughing at us saying they are making such a big deal over a off the field matter.

"Why should he lose the captaincy based on his personal life? If it does not affect his performance on the park then the England fans have nothing to worry about. If I was Fabio I wouldn't listen to the people who have nothing else to do but follow tabloid stories and gossip. The English fans and media are going on about their greatest chance to win the World Cup in 40 odd years yet they are pressing the self destruct button by hounding their Captain and on field leader. The press should leave this situation be, and allow John Terry and Wayne Bridge the chance to sort out their personal affairs in private, which would then lead to the England team sorting itself out."

You shouldn't be given the kick, especially with the likes of Wayne Rooney [Pumped a Granny] Beckham [Fooled around with countless women] and many many more that we probably don't know about. You lot might aswell play the youth squads cause no one is pure.

It would be considerably less pressure for him should he resign but he is the better choice of captains in the England squad.

You shouldn't be given the kick, especially with the likes of Wayne Rooney [Pumped a Granny] Beckham [Fooled around with countless women] and many many more that we probably don't know about. You lot might aswell play the youth squads cause no one is pure.

They werent captain of the national team that is the problem.

They werent captain of the national team that is the problem.

It doesn't matter, why should they be considered for the captaincy when they haven't exactly been angels in the past either.

Back