Terry will not offer resignation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 2K
terry is meant to set an example! captain should be gerrard and always should have been.

The way Gerrard is playing, I would rather have Dave Nugent as England captain. A captain needs to be consistent and Gerrard is not that the moment.

If Terry loses the captaincy, I'd much rather have Rooney or Lampard, both playing well at the moment and Rooney is probably playing the best season of his career.

terry is meant to set an example! captain should be gerrard and always should have been.

So beating up people in bars is setting a good example?
No one is perfect but based on the footballing aspects, John Terry is the best leader England have.

yes of course i would love to see rooney leading the team out but is that gonna put to much pressure on him? i just hope he can keep his form for the rest of the year! gerrard will come good as he always has

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

So beating up people in bars is setting a good example?
No one is perfect but based on the footballing aspects, John Terry is the best leader England have.

yeah now lets go back to their childhood shall we?!lol

I agree Terry is the best leader on the pitch, but his actions of it are not so impressive. But, I'm not saying every other player is perfect because that is far from the case.

The way Gerrard is playing, I would rather have Dave Nugent as England captain. A captain needs to be consistent and Gerrard is not that the moment.

If Terry loses the captaincy, I'd much rather have Rooney or Lampard, both playing well at the moment and Rooney is probably playing the best season of his career.

I think Rooney has matured greatly but if he gets the England captaincy it might just be a distraction from his primary aim: scoring goals. Fergie didn't give Rooney the captaincy against Arsenal for the same reason. He didn't want to give him more things to think about seeing as he is on such a rich vein of form.

I think Rooney has matured greatly but if he gets the England captaincy it might just be a distraction from his primary aim: scoring goals. Fergie didn't give Rooney the captaincy against Arsenal for the same reason. He didn't want to give him more things to think about seeing as he is on such a rich vein of form.
Yeah I agree, if not Rooney, certainly Lampard should be given the captaincy if it changes, experienced enough and is probably popular among the players I'd expect.

do love lamps as a chelsea vice captian and has always put in 110% when terry was unavialible for chelsea.

I don't think he should step down as I reckon his form will not drop. Terry is the most consistent defender that I know, cool headed and calm under pressure. Gerrard has lost his form a bit, Rooney I reckon should be left to his own devices, leading a team would probably not help and Rio is over the hill a bit, not consistent enough. This leaves Lampard who I think could take the role short term but JT is easily the best candidate for the job even with this affair hanging over his head

look if it happens it happens but i just feel making a massive call like this just before the world cup could play directly into our oppositions hands.

Rooney is too much of a ***** to lead a team. He has calmed down(slightly) but is not ready to lead his country to the World Cup. Rio, Gerrard or even Lampard would be suitable.

Back