Tevez Signs For City

Will Carlos Tevez be a success or failure at Man City?

• Failure

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Success

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters
I really thought that Torres and Tevez would have been a lethal strike partnership due to how different they are. Tevez would have brought a rough hunger to Liverpool. I think that City is a bad choice. There are too many players of a similar stature. Hughes is clearly either insane or else has a chairman looking to have this and that player signed. Look at all those strikers what a waste of talent and money.

Im sure that wage demands and the fact he can still live in Manchester played a role but surely Liverpool would have been a better destination when you consider that he would have Champions League football also.

City should consider this a failure and a bad investment if they fail to make Champions League. Barry, Tevez, Santa Cruz all so far on top of Robinho, Bellamy, Given, Bridge. They need to make some return on such spending. At least Chelsea won the title when Abramovich came along.

Wow somebody is bitter :)
how am i bitter, i don't want him to fail but he is never going to be as succesfull trophy wise as he was at united and city i reckon won't be great and he probably won't score tons of goals for them as he is gardly prolific.

he went for money, end of he will be good player at city but what formation they gonna play 1-1-8????

robinho left wing elano right wing bellamy bench santa cruz and tevez up ireland centre mid

if theyget adebayor then im guessing they wont drop santa cruz or tevez to the bench so i think they will play stephen ireland as the holding midfielder and play tevez just behind santa cruz and adebayor

I really hope he does well at City. Good luck to him.

to be honest, city dont need any more attacking options unless they gid rid of bellamy, caicedo or bojinov. Hughes cant keep them all happy if most of them will be on the bench.

has he actually signed? if so it's amazing for city. The kind of signing they needed.

Him and Robinho are close pals so if they have Tevez,Robinho,Santa Cruz and Bellamy....Caicedo is a good squad player and Bojinov would do a job when needed.

All they need now is a few defenders and they are looking good for a top 4 push. Would like to see them sign Hangeland and maybe someone like Kolo Toure or Gallas

Pretty much. I think that Caicedo will go to Sporting Lisbon and bojinov will be loaned out probably. It's a shame for him, he was a wonderkid then got injured and ended up at Man. City, then gets two year-long injuries in two years.

judging from the signings so far this season(if Kolo Toure signs) then Man City are more than capable breaking into the top 4
Given
Onouha,Toure,Dunne,Bridge
SWP,Ireland,Barry,Robihno
Adebayor,Tevez

yeah I think that this would be a great addition8-|

Last edited:
Back