Tevez to be stripped of captaincy

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Roberto Mancini is set to strip Carlos Tevez of the Manchester City captaincy, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Quite obvious it would happen, Kolo should be captain anyway.

Good, the petulance he has displayed recently is disgraceful. Only reason he joined City IMO was to smite Utd, and now he's suddenly realised he wants to be at a Madrid or Milan, not City, where he is among a group of egos, not a team.

Well that will make him want to stay... Good decision though I expect. Wenger did it to Gallas when he had a tantrum at St. Andrews. Toure will get it then will he?

Obvious decision to make really, no use having a wantaway leading the team.

He was only made captain in the summer in an effort to make him stay...

I swear there is already a thread on this?? Never mind, i said he should never of been given the captaincy anyway.

it was a desperate attempt to keep him happy which back-fired fantasticly :D

I think it was an attempt to improve his performances Maradona style, to inspire him and to set an example with his work-rate and desire. Either way, it hasn't worked out.

Good. Kompany, Toure, De jong or even barry would make a better captain.

Not surprising, what club in their right mind would allow a wantaway player to wear the captain's armband?

Good. Kompany, Toure, De jong or even barry would make a better captain.
i agree with all those, except maybe Barry. I dont think he should even be in the side. Both Toures are capable captains. Bring in Dzeko, tell Tevez to put up or shut up. You've got a plenty of players there who are happy to play without whinging, and a good side capable of top four, possibly even a genuine title chase