willmolly3

Reaction score
Scenario is: Started a Management Career with Salisbury City in the Blue Square South. They have no money and limited Wage Structure. However managed to get them promoted through the play offs in the first season. First reaction was this is great, going to be a struggle to stay up next year with the wage and financial situation but hey I will give it a go.

Start of the Second season the Board of Directors inform me they have started construction of a new Stadium :-0 costing in the region of 4.8 Million. My first reaction was, where the **** are they getting that money!! 2.8 Million is to be funded by a local council grant with the remaining 2 million the club have taken out a loan with repayments of 30k per month! 2nd season done finished 4th which surprised me and lost in the play off semi final against Dag and red.

Bank Balance: -489,000.00 Result being my reputation for financial control is woeful! It was not my idea to take out a 2 million bank loan for a non league club! Twonkers! Think the only reason I have kept my job is because of league positions. I am sitting 3rd after 8 games in to the 3rd season. Considering applying for other jobs to get away as I cant see them pulling money out of a hat anytime soon.

Any body else had these problems with a Lower league side?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

On another note, after the 1st leg of the play offs I was 1-0 up after a home win – The Team talk options would let me say “Congratulations your in the Final” Clearly not as I lost the next leg 3-1!

Its a pain when they do this. They do it for the money and it all depends on league rules etc. The more fans you get, the more tickets you sell, the more money you get. So they went into a poor financial position to have a better future, if that makes any sense.

Did you tell the players congratulations your in the final? If you did, might explain why you got caked in the 2nd leg.

That makes absolute sense and my thinking exactly! However would have liked to be consulted ;-) Oh well end of this season I will have a sparkling new stadium! Wonder what the capacity will be? Current capacity is 3,500 and only fill that up to 1,800 on match days as it is!

Funny you should ask, I did indeed tell them congratulations on the off chance Blue Square Prem rules were different! hoping for automatic this year, got a young side of free's so will have to wait and see.

Yeah unfortunately though, its the chairmans decision and therefore doesn't need to consult you as, within reason your opinion isnt needed. Usually it springs up by a further 5,000 sometimes more, depending on how rich your owners are. As you only fill 1800, it may not go up considerably.

Yeah because in a way, if you been told your in the final your players mindset will be we can walk this were in the final, then they mentally aren't there.