That feeling of Achievement... Only FM can deliver.

mikes2k9

Reaction score
One thing I have to say is that I feel king of the world when I sign a big name for a small club.

In Three years I've taken Leyton Orient from L1 to BPL and successfully stayed in the BPL after one season. I've sold most of the dead wood and put all of my Transfer Budget into Wages and I'm going on a Loan Spree.

Just literally Signed Arjen Robben on loan for the season and I feel like I won the Champions League.

One of the many reasons I will always play Football Manager and have been over the last 8 Years.

Then again, Knowing my luck, He'll get Injured for 6 Months in training. :'(

When I battle on and get a comeback win over a team three leagues above me. Love it.

The best sense of achieve is making a big tactical decision and it paying off big... Iv got a hefty list of plans that worked like a charm my favourite ones from the past are FM10 winning the league when I was in the Championship with Notts County I beat Man City 2-0 in the final... I started with overload and three strikers snatched an early immediately switched to my counter system and grabbed another before HT obv I got a big slice of luck...
This season I had two which worked great but turned into anticlimaxes... I play as Cordoba and Iv turned them into title challengers anyway last season was the first time I felt I could beat Real and Barca unfortunately it didn work out like that both games ended up as draws because they scored in added time... Pretty annoying the Real draw was a match engine flaw Real had a free, my whole team stood on the right side of the pitch but Madrid kept two players free on the left which meant they just passed it to them and scored while my whole team was 20 yards away....

The best sense of achieve is making a big tactical decision and it paying off big... Iv got a hefty list of plans that worked like a charm my favourite ones from the past are FM10 winning the league when I was in the Championship with Notts County I beat Man City 2-0 in the final... I started with overload and three strikers snatched an early immediately switched to my counter system and grabbed another before HT obv I got a big slice of luck...
This season I had two which worked great but turned into anticlimaxes... I play as Cordoba and Iv turned them into title challengers anyway last season was the first time I felt I could beat Real and Barca unfortunately it didn work out like that both games ended up as draws because they scored in added time... Pretty annoying the Real draw was a match engine flaw Real had a free, my whole team stood on the right side of the pitch but Madrid kept two players free on the left which meant they just passed it to them and scored while my whole team was 20 yards away....

Every in game email I get saying how much of a tinkerer I am I save as a note;)

I cant get a feeling of achievement out of the game because to me it rides on luck. I played a game in my season 5 times with the same team talk, match prep, team selection, press conf ect and had 5 completely different games. I understand in real life how every game is different but this is a game and i want to understand how to get the best out of my team and at the moment when i do the things that are meant to change your team and player performances they can be different anyway :S