That's it! This is racial discrimination!

BoxerLadABC

Reaction score
I kid about the racist thing, but seriously, England simply will not hire me as manager of any of their teams. And I'm beginning to think it's because I'm Irish :(

No but seriously, has anyone got any advice on how to get this job?

I'm in the top 5 managers in England and the best in Ireland(not much I know, but hey) and I've been trying now, for about 2 years and they simply will not take me on.

Can anyone help me?

Quit your current job, and then apply for every job possible in England. If that doesn't work, download FMRTE and edit :D.

Quit your current job, and then apply for every job possible in England. If that doesn't work, download FMRTE and edit :D.

Do you think it matters that I currently have an international team?

I don't think it's because of your country. I'm not sure why they wont hire you, but sometimes strange things happen......

It could matter.... Dunno, never had this problem... well, save game, then quit your int. job and try then for a couple of months, if that doesn't work, well, load your save game and hope :)

most nations will only hire Managers who are from the same country or speak the language.... (the bigger nations)

I applied for Turkey and Mexico (3 times each) and they never considered me.... (the Mexican Manager was fired after 3 games) then applied again and offered to a Mexican...

I got the Ivory Coast job (won 5 of 5) then applied for Belgium (got offered but rejected them) then I got the Uruguay job..

I have never had any problems with club teams however, I seriously doubt it has been programmed to specifically ignore Irish Managers for English club teams...

just **** luck mate... who are you trying to manage?

most nations will only hire Managers who are from the same country or speak the language.... (the bigger nations)

I applied for Turkey and Mexico (3 times each) and they never considered me.... (the Mexican Manager was fired after 3 games) then applied again and offered to a Mexican...

I got the Ivory Coast job (won 5 of 5) then applied for Belgium (got offered but rejected them) then I got the Uruguay job..

I have never had any problems with club teams however, I seriously doubt it has been programmed to specifically ignore Irish Managers for English club teams...

just **** luck mate... who are you trying to manage?

I'm trying to manage England, that's the whole point of the thread.

I'm not trying to manage a club, I already have one. I'm trying to manage the English national team at any age level.

God...really?

On my game, in the.. 5th season? or so.. Jose Mourinho took over England, and he is still there, 3 seasons later. Obviously, he is Portuguese, so they will hire a foreigner, you just have to be **** hot and have won a **** load :)

I'm trying to manage England, that's the whole point of the thread.

I'm not trying to manage a club, I already have one. I'm trying to manage the English national team at any age level.

God...really?
dont give me attitude you little runt, can you not read what I had said initially...

I thought it's purely based on your reputation.

In one save, I was the manager of the Ivory Coast, Belgium, Spain, Italy, England, Finland, Serbia, Turkey and Bulgaria as a manager with English nationality. Mind you, I won everything possible so maybe that's why everyone wanted me.

Might be because England has a rivalry with Ireland which it surely does. Wouldn't want a manager from a rival nation managing the national team no matter how good he was, can you imagine Sir Alex managing England?

I'm Scottish, won the world cup with Chille, Argentina and France, if you want proof i will show you, and applied for england every time, even though i was number one in hall of fame, never got the job

Stop, stop, stop. I got offers from Turkey, Portugal, England, Scotland, Croatia, etc. and I have Danish and German as nationalities. I can't see how Danish and German could affect those countries in comparison to Ireland. I'm quite sure an Irish guy speaks way better English than a Danish/German guy.

I managed Duisburg, Shakhtar and FC Bayern so far. Maybe you need to win more titles?

Edit: Was just offered the job as manager of France and accepted. First time as coach for a national team, lets see how this goes...

Last edited:
Just be more successful. I've been manager of Brazil, Switzerland, England, had a job offer from Argentina (not a chance of accepting that one lol), so just keep winning. Just down to luck