The 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Who do you think will win the RWC 2011?

• Total voters

mark 19 times

Reaction score
The 2011 Rugby World Cup will be the seventh Rugby World Cup.

20 teams will compete in the tournament and they will be split into four pools of 5.
Pool A
Canada
France
Japan
New Zealand
Tonga

Pool B
Argentina
England
Scotland
Georgia
Romania

Pool C
Austalia
Ireland
Italy
Russia
United States

Pool D
Fiji
Namibia
Samoa
South Africa
Wales

After the pools will be the quarter-finals
Quarter Final one will be the winner of pool C vs the runner up of pool D
Quarter Final two will be the winner of pool B vs the runner up of pool A
Quarter Final three will be the winner of pool D vs the runner up of pool C
Quarter Final four will be the winner of pool A vs the runner up of pool B

The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in the semi final
The winner of QF 3 will play the winner of QF4 in the semi final

Eden Park, Auckland will host the final. The capacity is 50000 though it will probably be increased to 60000 for the final with the addition of a temporary stand.

Games will be broadcast live on ITV and welsh games live on S4C.

So what are your thoughts on the tournament?

Last edited:
England have been handed a very difficult group with Scotland and Argentina, don't know too much about the other two but England will have to beat both Scotland and Argentina to process.. still think South Africa will be the team to beat though despite there crushing defeat against New Zealand earlier today.

South Africa should get pass the group stages but I'm fearing another failure like we had in 2003.

England vs Argentina will be close, we'll batter Scotland, doubt Wales will get out of the group!

We need to finish top of our group to have any chance of winning cup, if we finish second then we will probably be up against New Zealand who look unstoppable atm. Not happy with the squad MJ has picked either.

England have been handed a very difficult group with Scotland and Argentina, don't know too much about the other two but England will have to beat both Scotland and Argentina to process.. still think South Africa will be the team to beat though despite there crushing defeat against New Zealand earlier today.

Heard of New Zealand? ;)

I really think the Northern Hempisphere teams will struggle. It's between Australia, South Africa and more likely New Zealand. Just hoping England can make the semi finals and then anything could happen.

England have the pack advantage, as is the same at every world cup.

We'll ease out of that group - Argentina will be a great game but we will beat them, Scotland will be a walkover as they never seem to perform at World Cups and its not the 6 Nations where they have home advantage to their strengths, if you will. England have proved they can win in the Southern Hemisphere compared to other home nations teams. I think we'll do well at this world cup again. Semis at least.

all set up for an Ireland v England final and going by the past few years we should win that easy :p.
Nah seriously. Tough draw for ireland. unless we win our group with australia we will have to beat South Africa and then New Zealand to get to the final. Aslong as we do our best I couldnt care as Ireland are not a world cup team in rugby.

all set up for an Ireland v England final and going by the past few years we should win that easy :p.
Nah seriously. Tough draw for ireland. unless we win our group with australia we will have to beat South Africa and then New Zealand to get to the final. Aslong as we do our best I couldnt care as Ireland are not a world cup team in rugby.

I think at the moment we could beat South Africa. But as for New Zealand :(

I think at the moment we could beat South Africa. But as for New Zealand :(

If South Africa play the same players from the past two weeks (which they won't) then most teams will beat them.

But still, their first team isn't as good as it was in '07. I think the All Blacks will win it and Ireland will reach the semi's.

Scotland are even worse at rugby than at football lol so bottom awaits them.

Would love if we beat england though :)

VOTED for New Zealand as i cant see them not winning it in thier own country

think its set up for
semi final 1 - England/France - Australia
semi final 2 - South Africa - New Zealand

Final- Australia - New Zealand
winner- New Zealand