iantevans

Reaction score
Has anyone started a game with a 5 year plan written down??? I just wondered if you have and what was on yours.

I started with Shrewsbury and this was my plan:

2010 – 2015
  1. Win promotion from League Two (Achieved 2011)
  2. Implement the ‘Youth to Gold Policy’ (Achieved 2010-2011)
  3. Improve the Youth Set Up (Achieved 2011)
  4. Win The Johnstones Paint Trophy (Achieved 2011)
  5. Win promotion from League One (Achieved 2012)
  6. Become an established Championship club (Achieved 2012-2013)
  7. Start to build the clubs bank balance for a run at promotion to the Premier League (2013)
2015 – 2020
  1. Win promotion from The Championship (Achieved 2014)
  2. Renew the ‘Youth to Gold Policy’ with better players
  3. Become an established Premier League Club
  4. Upgrade the Stadium
  5. Upgrade the Training Facilities
  6. Upgrade the Coaching Staff
  7. Upgrade the Scouting Networks
  8. Win a League or FA Cup
  9. Qualify for a European Tournament
2020 – 2025
  1. Win the Premier League
  2. Start to build the clubs bank balance for a run at the Champions League
  3. TBC

Yo!

I didn't right it down but my plan is quite the same.
I began with Dartford (BSS) so the challenge is really similar.

Except, I really begin to implement "yout to gold policy" in league 1 (not before).
I play my 5th season and I try directly to promote my club to premier league but it will be difficult (I'm 2 in the mid of the season league).

Anyway, I really advice you to check every year at least each national U19/U20/U21/23 teams in the world to get free promising regens.
I do that for 2 years and my club value increase from 1M€ to 5M€, and I really get promising 20 years old players.

good luck

When you say a youth to gold policy, do you mean bringing in youth players purely to make a profit?

Also, I don't really have a 5 year plan, no, my aim is always just to improve on my previous season.

When you say a youth to gold policy, do you mean bringing in youth players purely to make a profit?

Also, I don't really have a 5 year plan, no, my aim is always just to improve on my previous season.

Yeah bringing in youth to make a profit is pretty much it - but also it is about knowing the right time to sell your player that you have trained up so you can bring in the replacment ready from your reserves

Anyway, I really advice you to check every year at least each national U19/U20/U21/23 teams in the world to get free promising regens.
I do that for 2 years and my club value increase from 1M€ to 5M€, and I really get promising 20 years old players.

good luck

Thanks for the advice!

Five year plan made me automatically think of USSR XD
I don't plan stuff that way I'd say. I just try to win everything as fast as I can, when I plan too much I end up having excellent young players only for them to be loanded out --

I have a "4 year plan" (My contract time) at Man City currently who are in a bad state. (2024-2025)

1st season. Get into the Champions League, and offload players on a high wage. (33 year old Hazard on a £150 k a week...)
2. Challenge for the title whilst buying good young players.
3. ^ and play the young players.
4. Win title. Have the young players ready for the first team, and younger player who could play in the first team in 1-3 seasons.

Season 1 has been achieved. Onto season 2.

I know its Man City but the Sheikh left many years ago, and are ranked around 10th in the worlds richest clubs.

It's a nice idea and would definitely help focus your goals. I have a long-term financial 'plan' so to speak, but it is more of a wish to be in a good financial position rather than a plan.

Liking the plan might do that for Vauxhall Motors predicted bottom of VC North so a Good plan for a good challenge

who did you sign 1st season ??

The players that stick in the mind from my first season are: Daniele Conti (LM), Ismael Fofana (LM), Febian Brandy (ST), Izzy Irikepen (DC) and Florent Petit (GK)