daviddunn

Reaction score
manutd.jpg
imgres
imgres

Ferguson Farewell

article-0-04CD57BC000005DC-396_233x292.jpg

Ferguson retires in glory

July 7th, 20010, marked a day to remember at Manchester United. Their greatest manager of all time, Sir Alex Ferguson retired, deciding to call it a day, after nearly leading his team to his twelth league title, along with his second Champions league win to his name. The scotsman, who will turn 64 in December, spent a staggering 24 years in charge, turning United into one of the powerhouses of world football. In his last interview, he was not only emotional, but had nothing but praise for the people who worked under and above him, especially praising new directors Gill, in the way he supported himself finacially, although they have face tough criticism from the public due to the huge amounts of debt they have put United in.

However, with Ferguson not at the reigns any longer, many of the worlds top names were thrown into the mix, including Ancelotti, Capello, Aragones, Hitsfield and Jose Mourinho. This is what David Gill had to comment on the situation:

It's a sad day for United fans of this era, seeing the man who brought them their bragging rights and glory, retire at the age of 63. But we need to rejoice in the fact, pick ourselves up and look ahead for for the future. Many of the worlds best managers names have been thrown into the mix, but i can tell you know, we have found someone, recommended personally by himself, Sir Alex Ferguson, and we are just looking to finialise terms and agreements, with our new manager being named in less than 24 hours
Agonising wait!

Since David Gill's comments about the expectant announcement of their new manager, United fans met this is a mixed reaction. Some fans said, Gill is ruining this club, not only with the debts, but in also choosing a unknown manager to take charge, whereas other supporters decided, if the new man had Ferguson's backing, then it must be the right choice.

Bookmakers odds on favouraites to take the job was his son Darren Ferguson, closely followed by Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, with Southgate and Souness not far behind.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------
manutd.jpg

7th July 2010, is the date that could change the English Club, Manchester United's history. The Chairman has presented to the public, his new employee that he beleives will take the club to the next level. Heres what Gill had to say;

"Ladies and Gentleman, I am very excited to have to the chance to introduce to our new manager, Fredrick Pinkenstein. Who? You may wonder, Fredrick has the highest determination, who has many footballing links which will benefit us as a club. It didn't take long for me to make my mind up after a short conversation on the phone and the recomendation from Sir Alex. I would appreciate if we give Fredrick time to settle in and make peace with his new surroundings, and he will be attending a small press conference later on in the week."

With the news and shock that a unknown manager has been named Manchester United manager, fans are said to be tense and frustrated, which could allow them to let their lead slip at the top of the table.

This is the only information that has been gathered on Fredrick so far....

Fredrick Pinkenstein 29 years of age, has been offered a deal which runs out in June 2012, in where he is earning £60,000 a week. Fredrick is off Austrian descent being born in Wien, but moved to England when he was 16. This is where he began his coaching career, studying Sports Science, and Football Coaching at Hartpury College, Gloucester. He borded alone, knowing very little English, but in the two years he became very popular and had started coaching and playing football for his local team Gloucester City. From the age of 18, Pinkenstein continued to study Football on a degree course. He passed with first class honours and left the college with a very well known person. From the age of 26 Fredrick moved to Blackburn and became a community football coach for local schools and colleges. This is where his love began for Blackburn Rovers, and to this day, he is an avid supporter. At 28 Fredrick became a community coach in the Manchester area which was contracted to United. He apparently saw the news of United looking for a new manager, and applied immediatly, and to his surprise he has been given the job.

Last edited:
not bad start mate however try adding in some pictures to brighten the page up etc not too many 1 or maybe

Fredrick Pinkenstein 29 years of age, has been offered a deal which runs out in June 2012, in where he is earning £60,000 a week. Philip is off Austrian descent being born in Wien

Who ? XD

haha i copied it off my old story... woopsy

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

manutd.jpg

Manchester United have set a time later on in the day in which Fredrick Pinkenstein will hold his first press conference. A large attendance is expected, in which they are gauranteed to give Fredrick a hard time as he has no expereince in the job let alone one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Q: “Hi Fredrick, welcome to Old Trafford. What are your thoughts on being here and the standard of football you will be involved with?”
A: “Hello there everyone! Nice to meet you and thanks for coming. I’ve been to Old Trafford twice before and I loved it. When I saw this job became available I applied immediately. To my surprise I received a phone call from the chairman Mr Gill and he offered me the job. England is known for its footballing talent and I want to be the person who helps keep this club at the top level and bring lots of enjoyment to the fans in where their team will succeed. United are amongst the favouraites for the title this season, so i eed the team aswel as the fans behind me and success will be brought here under the right guidance, and I think I am the man for it.”
Q: “You come from Austria, but are dual nationality with England, and you openally admit that you support Blackburn. Do you think this will cause a problem? On the other hand, having footballing links from Austria, do you think it will benefit the team if you can lure in the better players from this country?”
A: “ It’s true, I can’t hide my pride for my home Nation and also Blackburn, but that doesn't mean I won't put my heart into this job. I believe football can be spoken in many languages if you can understand the tactics. My assistant Mike has my full backing, and vice versa. He’s a top lad who has coached at the top level for many years, so to have him as my right hand man is helpful. Responding to the question regarding my foreign links, I believe that England has more than enough talent to bolster my squad rather than look to Austria.”
Q: “Have you any transfer targets? Will you be getting rid of any dead wood?”
A: “I have only been here 48 hours, and my first game in charge is in less than three hours time. this match I will give the chance to everyone to prove their worth in the team. On the transfer situation, my assistant Mike has advised me that I will need to look at adding depth to the defence as we are a little bit weak.”
gossip2_416.gif
In other news in the footballing world, many transfers are taking place with the most notable being Fred's move from Fluminese to Chelsea for a staggering £14.5m. Aresenal are reported to be interested in Blackburn's young centre back Jones who is said to have a very big future ahead of him.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

[FONT=&quot]
manutd.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Two Weeks In The Job And Things Are Being Put Into Shape[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Fredrick Pinkenstein has been busy at work, and has delved deep into the transfer market, acquiring two players in which should strengthen the squad straight off. The spending totalled to £18million. First to join was Ajax central defender Jan Vertonghen. The young centre back who is only 23 years old, has 22 national caps to his name in where he represents Belgium. Jan is highly regarded across Europe and United did well to get his signature reportedly beating Barcelona and Milan to his name.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
art_large_759524.jpg

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]United's second signing is probably the biggest surprise as Pinkenstein has added another striker to his squad, he joins the newly acquired Javier Hernandez aswell as Macheda, Rooney and Berbatov upfront. The striker comes in the name of Andy Carroll. The young striker joins from Newcastle United after impressing in the championship last season. Many fans are said to be sceptical with Pinkenstein's signing, making the point that four strikers is enough and that Fredrick should be concentrating strengthening the midfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
andy-carroll-v-coventry2.jpg

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]However, interestingly, with Andy Carroll joining the club, Federico Macheda has left the club joining Athletico Madrid on a years loan. With four strikers already at United, Pinkenstein see much more sense of his young striker gaining experience on loan at a well respected club.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
macheda-united.jpg

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Also leaving the club was new midfielder Bebe on a seasons loan to Middlesbrough and young defender Ritchie De Laet moving to Rapid Wien for a year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
gossip2_416.gif

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]In transfer news Aston Villa have swooped for Blackburn’s David Hoilet for £6M and Fulham have secured the services of Swedish defender Mikael Dorsin.[/FONT]

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:15 PM ----------

manutd.jpg

Decent enough pre-season - 'We did the job'

Manchester United returned back to England today after their last friendly match in which they beat Belgium side Antwerp. United enjoyed a successful of pre season, in where they spent it in England winning 4 matches, but a well drilled Inverness CT team shocked United and beat them 1 -0. Manchester missed several key players, with Hargreaves, Anderson, Ferdinand, Vidic and Neville all injured for pre-season. The biggest concern is for Hargreaves who is still having problems with his knees, and is currently looking at least two to three months behind the sideline. Ferdinand is recovering from a back problem which see him out for another month..

Heres the squad for the pre-season games, and that wil represent the club at competitive level this year.

GK. Van der Sar, Amos, Kuszczak
DR. O'Shea, Brown, Neville, Rafael,
DL. O'Shea, Evra, Fabio
DC. O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Smalling, Vertonghen, Evans
DM/MC. Carrick, Hargreaves, Gibson, Fletcher
AMR. Valencia, Nani, Park Ji
AML. Giggs, Nani, Fabio
AMC. Scholes, Anderson, Rooney, Park Ji
FWD. Rooney, Owen, Berbatov, Carroll, Hernandez

Pinkenstein has told journalists and fans alike to watch out for Vidic, Carrick, Rafael and Rooney, as he feels these will be the standout players for the team this year.
Carrick_Michael_0607.jpg

Carrick is a key player

United's first game of pre season was at home to their reserve team. This match was for Pinkenstein to see what he was working with, and to see if there is any talent in the B team that has the potential to make it in the first team. It turned out to be an easy game for the first team with the result being 3-0, with Rooney scoring either side of half time, with Fletcher adding a third

The first team then travelled to Altrincham for a run out. This was another one sided affair in where United ran out 3-0 winners in two successive matches. Carroll opened the scoring in his first game much to the delight of his new manager and fans. Chris Smalling then followed with a thundering header also scoring in his first game. Late on in the game, Pinkenstein brought on startlet John Cofie. The youngster showed his talent scoring a great individual effort.

Chris-Smalling_2478482.jpg

Smalling was on the scoresheet

Next up for United was Bury. Bury were sure to prove a sterner test for United, but yet again they were brushed aside, this time 2-0. This time Evans and Hernandez were the scorers in where United never really got past third gear.

A couple of days later, United were off to Newcaslte Town. United were easy winners in this match and thrashed Newcastle Town 3-0. Owen was impressive scoring twice. Gibson finished off the match with a great long range effort.

United's last friendly in Britain was an away trip to Inverness CT. United were made to work hard agaisnt a well drilled team, and to everyones surprise Odhiambo scored the winner in the 89th minute to give the Scottish team a shock 1-0 win.

With only a week till the Charity Shield showdown between Chelsea and Manchester United, the Red Devils travelled to Belgium to play their feeder side in the annual friendly. United took a strong team and they ended up 1-0 winners with Park Ji scoring.

All in all it was a decent enough pre season for us, alot of players are nearing match fitness, and the rue test will be next week against Chelsea. It should be a tough game. They have had a good pre season and made a few shrewd signings so it should be entertaining. For me, Fabio has impressed so far, so it will be interesting to see how he develops this season.
C_71_article_1179875_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Fabio enjoyed a great pre season

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

manutd.jpg

Injury Woes For Pinkenstein

With the Charity Shield 2010 only hours away, Manchester United have revealed the team that will play Chelsea. They hand debuts to Andy Carroll and Javier Hernandez, bot up front and to Jan Vertonghen. Wayne Rooney will captain the team in which they will operate in a diamond 4-4-2 system.
Gk. Vand Der Sar
Rb. Fabio
Lb. Evra
Cb. Vertonghen
Cb. Evans
Dm. Carrick
Rw. Valencia
Lw. Nani
Am. Rooney (C)
St. Hernandez
St. Carroll

Subs: Berbatov, Fletcher, O'Shea, Giggs, Scholes, Brown, Park Ji
rooney.jpg

Ronney captains United

Brown Calls It A Day
Wesly Brown has hung up his boots from international football claiming that he feels he can no longer compete with the best and would like to give his best to United to help them acheive their potential this season. Brown won 23 caps scoring one goal. Many people believe, Brown has made the wrong decision as they feel he can make a good backup for the National team.

Great update mate. I will follow. Have a look at mine and give me a little feedback.

Cheers

Daza

manutd.jpg

Injury Woes For Pinkenstein

Manchester United face Chelsea today in the Charity Sheild 2010 for the first competitive game of the season. Both teams are fielding the strongest teams possible, but due to injurys to both centre for United, Chelsea are favouraites for this match. United are without centrebacks Ferdinand and Vidic, leaving a huge job for Vertonghen and Evans to deal with Drogba and Anelka. Many fans are waiting how the new attacking line will fair agaisnt a strong Chelsea defence.

United started the game in their famous red kit lined up in the diamond formation that have been set by their new manager. And they got off to a good start, with captain Rooney beating two players shooting narrowly wide with Cech well beaten. The first half was evens with both teams finiding their feet. Nani and Valencia were causing havoc down the things but their crosses were wayward. Drogba was looking lively, but he had produced no magic yet. This was unitl a brilliant run from Nani from inside his own half beating four Chelsea players crossed in the near post to leave an unmarked Hernandez to score on his debut. This was the main talking point of the first half.

Chelsea came out for the second, and Ancelotti must have said something to the team ,as Drogba produced some of his magic scoring from a free kick 40 yards out. Game on. Both teams preferred to play an attacking style of football, and the game was wide open. Manchester United stepped up a gear in the second half, this time Valencia beating two Chelsea defenders then crossing for Carroll to blast in on the volley for a great debut goal. United carried on with their attacking intent and Valencia again showed great talent beating the left back and crossing, this time for Ashley Cole to steer the ball into his own net. Humilating. Chelsea had nothing left in the tank and the Red Devils kept the score at 3-1 for an impressive first display under Pinkenstein.

Chelsea 1 - 3 Manchester Utd
Drogba 46 Hernandez 36, Carroll 54, Cole 60(og)
att. 90,000

104808_news.jpg

Fernandez was impressive on his debut

I was impressed today, especially with my attack, Carroll and Hernandez both scoring their debuts show that they are not here to make the numbers. The midfield was key with Rooney and Carrick both dominating and controlling the tempo. Our wings had too much for their defence and it paid dividends. Next week we have Chelsea at Stamford Bridge which will be a completely different game from what was played today. We need to go back to our training ground and work hard on our defence.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

[FONT=&quot]
manutd.jpg

Busy Week For United Internationals

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With only 4 days unitl the new season kicks off when United travel to Stamford Bridge, United have a total of 23 players away on international duty respectively. United are hoping that they would not receive any [/FONT]injuries, and much to their relief they didnt. The 23 payers were.

R.O.I U19 - McGinty, Keane
N. Ireland U19 - McCullough
R.O.I U21 - Brady, Coll
N.Ireland U21 - Norwood, Devlin, Dudgeon
Wales U21 - Lawrence
Belgium U21 - Da Laet
Norway U21 - Eikrem
Italy U21 - Macheda
Brazil U20 - Rafael
Scotland - Fletcher
Mexico - Hernandez
England - Rooney
Ecuador - Valencia
S. Korea - Park Ji
N. Ireland - J. Evans, C. Evans
R.O.I - Gibson, O'Shea

Hernandez was impressive once again, this time scoring twice after coming off the bench for Mexico. Rooney was also impressive and was the forefront of the English attack, scoring once and assisting in two other goals in a 4-0 win over Hungry.

In other news, Nicky Ajose has moved on loan to Brentford in a 6 month loan deal.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:28 AM ----------

Man_Utd_logo.png

United Ready

The Red Devils have arrived at Stamford Bridge ready for their season opener. It was only a week when United dominated Chelsea in the Charity Sheild ending uo 3-1 winners. Pinkenstein has named a team different to the one last week, but they will continue to play in the newly styled diamond 4-4-2. Unfortunalty Patrice Evra has suffered a knock to his knee.This leaves United without him for a week. Vidic is back and will form the spine of the team with Vertonghen.
Gk. Vand Der Sar
Rb. Fabio
Lb. O'shea
Cb. Vertonghen
Cb. Vidic (c)
Dm. Carrick
Rw. Valencia
Lw. Nani
Am. Giggs
St.Rooney
St. Berbatov
Subs : Hernandez, Carroll, Park Ji, Fletcher, Scholes, Brown, Evans

United started the game brightly with Rooney firing shots from all over the place. Cech did well to save fom one shot which went out for a corner. From the resulting corner, United failed to utilise the set piece and Chelsea set off on the counter attack. Drogba fired over narrowly. United contiued to press. From another corner, Chelsea cleared, only to find Vertonghen waiting 30 yards out. Boom! What a goal, especially from a defender. A volley from 30 yards sent the United fans into raptures as well as Pinkenstein. Chelsea came back strongly but failed to convert any chances into goals and went into the break 1-0 at home.

Chelsea came out for the second half fired up and United asleep. Drogba punished them in the 25th second of the second to equalise. United's first half hardwork undone. Both teams struggled to gain a stronghold in the game. This was until Drogba produced some magic of his own, beating three defenders and curling his shot into the top corner. This sent the Chelsea fans into euphoria, and the cheer of winning could be heard across London when the final whistle went.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Manchester United
Drogba 46, 67 Vertonghen 34
att. 41671

DROGBA_280x390_419595a.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:02 PM ----------

ManUtdLogo.jpg

United Work Hard For Sunderland Match

After a disapointing defeat to Chelsea at the weekend, United have been working hard over the week, to gain a win over Sunderland. Sunderland who enjoyed a brilliant 2-1 win over Newcaslte will be looking to surprise United with their strong attack with Gyan posing a major threat.
Gk. Vand Der Sar
Rb. Brown
Lb. Fabio
Cb. Vertonghen
Cb. Vidic (c)
Dm. Fletcher
Rw. Valencia
Lw. Nani
Am. Rooney
St.Hernandez
St. Carroll
Subs : Carrick, Giggs, Park Ji, Berbatov, O'Shea, Neville, Smalling

United started off strongly with Rooney carving the defence in two but shot narrowly wide. United carried on the attack and forced a corner. Nani drifted the ball in, but Sunderland cleared the ball and it left Bent and Gyan two on with Fabio. What happened next was inevitable. Bent slotted the ball home. Old Trafford was silent. This goal only spurred United on and it looked likely they would score, and they did. Carroll came deep to collect the ball, passed to Rooney who slotted Hernandez through. As young Javier was about to strike the ball, Sunderland defender Angeleri put the ball into his own net. The second half ended with United on top.

The Red Devils came out as they finished the first, and it was Rooney, a stand out player for this game who slammed the ball home from 25 yards. United were coasting to victory and the win seemed all but in the bag. However, Darren Bent had other ideas as he latched onto a long ball to vut inside and score three minutes into injury time. 2-2 A exciting game in where United should have one.

Manchester United 2 - 2 Sunderland
Angeleri 41(og) Rooney 62 Bent 10, 93
att. 73488
rooney.jpg

Rooney was impressive throughout

We were unlucky to lose last week, and today we were unlucky not to win. Things are on the up. We have played well, and the lads are adapting to the tactics. We've got Manchester City away next week, so we have to concentrate on our defensive duties. W e have conceded 4 goals in two games, and thats not acceptable.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

ManUtdLogo.jpg

Cattermole Spotted

Lee Cattrmole has been spotted at Old Trafford today in where he is said to be agreeing terms on a deal reportadly worth £4.5m. Lee Cattermole only played agaisnt United three days ago, so he must have done something right ot catch Pinkenstein's attention.

Lee-Cattermole-Sunderland-_2359150.jpg

Cattermole could join United by the end of the day

Not many people expected to see this deal happening, and at such a low cost. I had a chat with Steve (Bruce) after the match on sunday. I said i liked what I saw, and to my surprise, he rang me this mornin offering a deal i could not refuse. Lee is a great player, with a great future ahead of him, and a player many fans would like to see in a United shirt.

Shock Rejection

Hours after Manchester United had revealed they had all but confirmed the signing of Lee Cattermole, they are left thinking what might have been. It is said United could not meet Cattermole's demands, as well as the young midfielder himsefl stating he had unfinished business at Sunderland.

I got the call of Brucey this morning saying that United wanted me. I was surprised, and shocked. The best team in the world wanted me. But i'm a young man. They couldn't guarantee me first team football which is why i have to reject the move. Hopefully it won't be my one and only chance to join this team, but at htis moment in time, its not for me
Cattermole explaining his decision

In other news, Manchester United's youngster Brady has moved on loan to Gillingham.

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

ManUtdLogo.jpg

Spanish Giants Face United In Group

The groups have been drawn for this years Champions league 2010/2011. Manchester Utd have been drawn in group A alongside Spanish giants Real Madrid. Madrid who are now managed by Mourinho have got one of the strongest sides in the world and it will be interesting to see how both sides fair. Another interesting point will be the return of Ronaldo. Ronaldo transferred to Madrid from United for £80m. Will he be greeted with a good recpetion or not? The other teams in the group are Greek champions Panathinaikos and Turkish side Bursapor.

Tottenham have been drawn against Barcelona, Chelsea face Benfica and Arsenal are up against Roma

ronaldo-madrid-getty.jpg

Ronaldo returns

United Loan Unknown Youngster

Manchester United today have confirmed the loan signing of French youngster Sofiana Hanni form Nantes. The deal is said to be worth £120k and he will stay for the remainder of the season. The youngster who plays up front is said to have welcomed the shock move. Many fans are said to be sceptical for Pinkenstein spending money on a player who not even the French had heard of.

In other news, Manchester United have drawn Stoke City away in the league cup this year. Stoke beat Sunderland 2-0 to progress to the third round are said to be relishing the fact to get stuck into United. The big tie of the round has to be Manchester City hosting Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

ManUtdLogo.jpg

Red Devils Still Struggling To Set Spark Alight

It was only two weeks ago when United had lifted the Charity Shield 2010 and many people were singing the praises of new manager Fredrick Pinkenstien. Currently, after a loss to Chelsea in the league, and a poor draw at Sunderland, United have it all to do in todays game away to their fiercest rivals Manchester City.

United field a strong line, with Pinkenstein opting for a 5-3-1-1 system. The media are gearing up for a boring match, as it looks like United are willing to sit back and defend agaisnt a strong City team.
Gk. Vand Der Sar
Rb. Fabio
Lb. O'shea
Cb. Vertonghen
Cb. Vidic (c)
Cb. Evans
Cm. Carrick
Cm. Scholes
Cm. Fletcher
Am.Rooney
St. Berbatov
Subs : Hernandez, Carroll, Valencia, Giggs, Scholes, Nani, Ferdinand

United got off to the best off starts with Rooney latching onto a through ball and slotting past Hart. The celebrations only lasted a matter of seconds this was until the goal was awarded offside. United continued to press and did everything right until find the net. City had a few chances of their own but the half ended goaless.

The second half didn't show any promise until Valencia and Nani both came on in the centre of the park for United. The tempo was raised and The Red Devils created chance after chance, but could not find a opening to the goal. The last ten minutes, it was City's time to attack with Vidic coming to the rescue on a countless number of occasions.

Manchester City 0 - 0 Manchester United
att 47405
vidic.jpg

Vidic was named man of the match

United players now have 2 weeks off now to represent their national teams respectively. United's next game is when Wolves travel to Manchester for a must win game for Pinkenstein's boys.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

ManUtdLogo.jpg

United Cash In On Danish Delight

Fredrick Pinkenstein has added yet another striker to his squad, this time being Mads Hvilsom. The youngster who is still 18 was purchased for £500k from Midyjtlland. Hvilsom has been a stand out player so far, scoring an incredible 23 goals in 11 matches. Pinkstein has seized the chance and snapped the young man up.

The signing has been welcomed by fans, and none other Wayne Rooney. Rooney is said to be pleased with the signing, and that the club have got a potential world beater amongst their ranks, which is only good for the club.
s_89188_20902_2010_1.jpg

Hvilsom

Record Number Of Internationals Called Up

With the international break looming, United have had a record 31 players called up by their natioanl managers for two games across October. These are:

Belgium U19 - Vermijl
Norway U19 - King
R.O.I. U19 - McGinty, Keane, Coll, Brady
Brazil U20 - Rafael
Wales U19 - Lawrence
Ghana U19 - Cofie
Denmark U19 - Hvilsom
France U19 - Hanni
Australia U19 - Jacob
Italy U19 - Massaci,
Norway U21 - Eikrem
N. Ireland U21 - C. Evans, Devlin, Dudgeon, Norwood
Ecuador - Valencia
Senegal - Diouf
Scotland - Fletcher
England - Ferdinand, Carrick, Rooney, Neville
R.O.I. - O'Shea, Gibson
N.Ireland - J. Evans
Portugal - Nani
Belgium - Vertonghen
Serbia - Vidic

End of the month awards have been presented, and Ancelotti has been named manager of the month having led Chelsea to three victories on the trot. Drogba has been named player of the month. Young United defender Cleverly who is on loan at Wigan was named young player of the month. Goal of the month winner went to United's Vertonghen.

carlo-ancelotti.jpg

Ancelotti got one over Pinkenstein

Last edited: