The Ajax Academy Challenge

W4NKER

Reaction score
Ajax_Amsterdam.svg

Ajax are renowned for their youth program that has produced many Dutch players over the years, such as

Johan Cruijff
Edwin van der Sar
Dennis Bergkamp
Patrick Kluivert
Marco van Basten
Wesley Sneijder
Rafael van der Vaart
Nigel de Jong

However the production line has slowed down in recent years with most gradutes being foreign based nationals signed up by the Ajax Academy at a young age - Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Vermaelen, Vurnon Anita etc.

When Ajax won the Champions League in 1995 the Dutch national team consisted mostly of Ajax players - van der Sar, Reiziger, the de Boers, Blind, Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, Overmars.

My challenge (and yours, if you chose to join in) is to return Ajax to the top of the European ladder.

Fairly simple you might say...

However, I challenge you to do so WITHOUT BUYING ONE SINGLE PLAYER! All player MUST come through the famous Ajax Academy.

SUB-CHALLENGE:

Win the Euros/World Cup with Holland having a large portion of your squad from the Ajax Academy.

Good Luck.

i've just started withn rayo vallecayano for a challenge but this looks more interesting screw igt starting again i'm in!!!

i've just started withn rayo vallecayano for a challenge but this looks more interesting screw igt starting again i'm in!!!
On a side note, you CAN buy former players, as long as their first ever club were Ajax. Say for example I produce the next Dennis Bergkamp, but after a few years Barca bid £40m for him. You can re-sign him later in life when he's an old old man. Same goes for the likes of Sneijder, van der Vaart etc. But that's it! Otherwise no signings.

Think of it as an At. Bilbao challenge!

On a side note, you CAN buy former players, as long as their first ever club were Ajax. Say for example I produce the next Dennis Bergkamp, but after a few years Barca bid £40m for him. You can re-sign him later in life when he's an old old man. Same goes for the likes of Sneijder, van der Vaart etc. But that's it! Otherwise no signings.

Think of it as an At. Bilbao challenge!

yeah sounds good mate already got them to improve junior coaching and youth facilities so good start!!! gunna use this season to phase in the youngsters then some major rebuilding. excited about this!!!

Last edited:
would love to do this.. but knowing my luck even after upgrading youth recruitment to max and facilities... ill prob still get useless regens. the game seems to hate me. even in my long saves, say 10 to 20 years i still get carp. a striker with 18 finishing.. then you see 2 composure or 7 pace. good luck to the guys attempting it.

Yes same here. Onwards and upwards.

First trophy bagged.

One Dutchman (de Jong) scored.

My starting XI only has 5 Dutch so far, but that will change..

View attachment 275788

guessing you playing with an update coz i plaayed twente? yeah de jong looks good, like the look of blind, klaasen, borrigter and ebecillo

guessing you playing with an update coz i plaayed twente? yeah de jong looks good, like the look of blind, klaasen, borrigter and ebecillo
Yea LFC update.

First Dutch squad announced...

View attachment 275795

Only 3 current Ajax players but the likes of Sneijder, VDV, Buttner all from the youth ranks. This also will improve especially if (WHEN!) I also take over the national team

THE AJAX ACADEMY CHALLENGE

AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER

AJAX STORM OFF THE BLOCKS!
FIRST TROPHY CLAIMED!
BABEL ON FIRE!
EUROPEAN CHAMPS ALMOST DEFEATED!

Johan Cruijff Schaal

3-1 v PSV (aet)
de Jong, Sulejmani(2)

Eredivisie

5-0 v NEC
Sulejmani(4), Eriksen

4-0 v Feyenoord
Sulejmani, Babel(2), de Jong

5-0 v Vitesse
Babel(4), de Jong

0-0 v ADO Den Haag

3-1 v AZ
Babel(2), de Jong

1-0 v NAC Breda
Babel

3-0 v PSV
de Jong(2), Babel

KNVB Cup

2nd Round

2-1 v FC Emmen
Babel, Sulejmani

Champions League

Matchday 1

2-1 v Basel
Babel(2)

Matchday 2

2-2 v Chelsea
Babel(2)

So we started the season on fire! A 0-0 draw with Den Haag are only blotch on an otherwise great start. Dutchman Ryan Babel has been in blistering form after recovering from a pre-season injury with over a goal a game.

Also, we were within minutes of a famous win over defending champions Chelsea in the Champions League at Stamford Bridge. Only a late (and dodgy!) penalty denied us all 3 points.

LEAGUE

View attachment 275815

STAR PERFORMER

View attachment 275816

going ok, could do with babel tho, kep gettin red cards tho so drawn couple anita has three already, decided i'm gunna change from my usual 424 and go for a clasic dutch 3-4-3 andtr an get some totalfootball going, cannot wai to see my youth prospects

This looks pretty good, and also very interesting. Going to do this, hope to keep you updated. :D

View attachment 275981

I got my first youth intake and already got two gems both midfielders which is good especially the dm coz i haven't got a dutch one apparently bah is on of the most gifted players of his generation we will see apparently so was cherno samba (6). happy tho 2 decent prospects top of the league just been knocked out champs league 1-0 on aggregate by city two post more screenis at end of season

Started this challenge today. Beat FC Twente 3-2 in the super cup so I'm off to a good start.

So we are not allowed so sign foreign players aged 18 and under?

Going to try this for a final FM12 save probably :) but how about being able to sign dutch players of the age of 16 or younger from other teams ? as i just love scouting lol.

So we are not allowed so sign foreign players aged 18 and under?

Going to try this for a final FM12 save probably :) but how about being able to sign dutch players of the age of 16 or younger from other teams ? as i just love scouting lol.
No. Only signings allowed are the likes of Van der Vaart, Sneijder etc. People who came through the Ajax Academy but left.