The Ajax Academy Challenge

This challenge is a right pain the a**. 2 seasons in... 2 super cups, 2 league titles, twice beaten finalists in the dutch cup on pens and twice knocked out of the champs lge in the quarters. Same seasons over and over with the added bonus that now i have Alderweireld, Anita, El Hamdaoui and Eriksen all asking to leave for a "Bigger challenge" leaving me with replacements that are about 2.5 PA unless i want an AMC in which case i have 3 with 3.5 PA and a GK with 3 PA.

Once these initial few seasons are over and my regens start becoming regular and more varied im sure it will be less frustrating but right now i'm on the verge of saying it's a challenge that just isn't worth the reward.

heh heh, this is where I'm headed with my Italian nobody FM2010 save, but also implementing Season 3 A-League salary cap to totally screw things up.
So far being competetive in Serie B, have a fair bit of room in the budget so getting into top flight is likely with the right generation of players. :D

Started this the other day, Currently sitting pretty on the top after 10 games notably victories include.....

ravvgh.jpg

2wp5qus.jpg

Signed Mario 'The Wall' Melchiot & Donovan Slijngard..

Not sold on FM13 yet, too many issues to iron out, so I'm still play 12. Was tempted to try this - especially after seeing the cost of Ajax's and Man City's starting XI when Ajax won.. lol.

One question if anyone is still active/keeping track, does it matter what reputation you set it as? Or does it have to be "Sunday League Footballer" or whatever?

Not sold on FM13 yet, too many issues to iron out, so I'm still play 12. Was tempted to try this - especially after seeing the cost of Ajax's and Man City's starting XI when Ajax won.. lol.

One question if anyone is still active/keeping track, does it matter what reputation you set it as? Or does it have to be "Sunday League Footballer" or whatever?
dont think it matters

I am going to give this a go and I will be playing it on FM12(best ever FM)....

No one will probably ever see it but never tried it so giving it a go. I will keep you updated here.. wish me luck...

Just a quick update and things I should let you know...

To begin I should let you know that I am using an update for transfers made by mdcoz78... fantastic update, all the latest transfers, which means Jan Vertongen moved to Spur on the 1st July 2011 and Lasse Schone joined Ajax on the same day,,, I still havent broken any rules to the game as I didnt sign Schone...

In the update is a piece of wonder... he has put past masters back into the game at much younger ages but with great stats, e.g Owen is 15 years old, Crespo, Beckham, Giggs, Ruud Van Nistelrooy is 16 years old....

In my Ajax I have an 18 year old Seedorf worth ?3.8 million and already my captain...... Some may think this is cheating but I thinks it just adds to the fun of the game...

Who knows, I may not be able to hang onto him anyways...

So pre season went great and I am a few games into the league, unbeaten o far dropping just 2 points...

Season 1 is over, Won the League and Cup, got knocked out of the Champions League in the 1st knockout round by Dortmund, in my squad though for the UCL I did have 6 HG players!!!

Lets hope I can keep them here and progress in the UCL...

On the National team front, there is only 2 Ajax player's in the current squad... Vermeer and Seedorf

First intake of players was not good, only 2 who look like they will push for the first team...

However I have got the board to improve our training ground... already have state of the art youth training...

I did loose Siem De Jong in the January transfer window, he went to FCP for ?7.5million but that was the board stepping in and accepting the bid!!

So onto Season 2...

Second season is over, won the League and Cup again.... didnt make it through the group stages of the UCL though this season, was in a tough group with Arsebal, Zenit and Rosenburg.. finihed third so went into the Europa LEague were we went to the Quarter Finals but were knocked out on away goal to OM! (they went on to win it)...

Intake is poor this season, only 1 hot prospect and maybe 1 who could be back up for first team...

Season 3 is done.... Won the League and Cup again...

UCL was okay, managed to get through the group against Chelsea, A.C Milan and Sheriff. We got knocked out by FC Bayern in the 1st knockout round though...

Sold some players this year... Fischer went to FC Bayern for ?11million.. Hoesen went for ?2.6million to FC Kobenhavn... Boilesen went for ?4.1million to Valenica... Schone went for 500k to H. Tel-Aviv... Serero went for ?5million to Liverpool...
We now have ?95million in the bank!!! We also have ?34million in the transfer kitty which I cant spend...

As a result we have a thin squad now... was hoping that if I sold a few we could get some decent youths coming through, but again this seasons intake is rubbish... next season is going to be tough... May try and sign a few of the older stars back again... Van Der Vaart and Babel, Heitinga...

Season 4 is over.... League and Cup Won again!!!

Had a great run in the UCL getting through to the Semi-Finals to be beaten by a much better Barca side... As good as that was the problem is that I had four non Dutch players in the team and two players who haven't come through the youth ranks!!!

Youth intake is horrid and feel this will be my down fall in this challenge. This seasons intake is the worst yet! Only ONE player has the potential of 2 and half stars!! The rest are half or one!! How am i mean't to compete with those kinda players coming through...

I did also spend this season... in keeping with the rules at the start though I have bought ex Ajax players who started off their career with us... signed Urby Emanuelson for ?4.3million and Anita for ?11.5million
These additions I think certainly helped my UCL charge this season!

I have also taken over as Holland's national manager....

Season 5 is coming up and may be the hardest yet....

Season 5..... LEAGUE WON.... no Cup (shocker)!!

View attachment 408879

So won the league again, that's 6 in a row for Ajax, my 5th! We were beaten in the Cup Final on pens by FC Utrecht...

UCL was tough this season and we were knocked out at the group stage, we got through to the ELC QTR Final to be beaten by Roma...

Youth intake is very poor again and as you see my squad will start to suffer because of that soon...

First Team Squad
View attachment 408878 View attachment 408877

Reserve Team
View attachment 408876

Under 19s
View attachment 408875 View attachment 408874

I think I may have problems in the summer with teams such as Man City and R. Madrid showing interest in my better players... will I be able to hold onto them?

HOLLAND NATIONAL

Well this going well, easy passage through our group into the 2016 Euro's!

View attachment 408873

Lets start season 6...

Well season 6 saw us do the League and Cup double again!!

HOWEVER at the end of the season my time at Ajax came to an end...

Most my best staff started leaving for better clubs, my board set budget of just ?8million and then went onto accept bids for three of my best players, who all came up through the youth system... Seedorf, Kluviert and Denswil with no players to be able to cover I would have to bring in reinforcements... again though the board shocked me and said budget would only increase to ?10million... when I asked for more they said no.. I tried my luck and they wouldnt move so I left the club...

I will load up other Leagues try and find a job and attempt to do this challenge with another club...

Will carry on posting on here if no one minds...

AJAX

Hello all just starting this youth challenge with Ajax but I'm on fm17 if anyone else is giving it a go message back