The American Dream?

Reaction score
Pre-Story

Football was my life growing up, its all i wanted to do, everyday on the streets of East London where i was born and raised i would play with my friends kicking the ball against the brick wall in the alley or jumpers for goalposts on the local green, there was nothing else for me as far as i was concerned, football was life and i would dream of one day walking out to 'Bubbles' at Upton Park infront of the locals.

To cut a very long story short it never quite panned out that way for me Robbie Thompson, i did get the chance of a trial at West Ham when i was 14 but unfortunately i never made the cut. I did carve a very short lived career in football though, playing in the Premiership albeit once for Norwich City in the 93/94 season being the highlight before eventually being released and after short spells with Leyton Orient, Luton, Carlilse and Canvey Island i decided to call it a day aged 28. I kind of fell out of love with the game that was my life for so many years.

After wasting 2 or 3 years of my life boozing, taking casual drugs and basically ******* the remaining money i had left away i decided things needed to change, I came to the decision that i would take my FA coaching badges and try and get back into the 'beautiful game'. I underwent the coaching courses in London and started coaching kids at schools and youth programmes in the local area. Eventually i got a foothold back in the game when i was offered job as youth development officer at Portsmouth, after a few years on the south coast i was made redundant after a cost cutting regime at the club which was in financial turmoil. It was a real shame as i was really coming into my own down there, again i felt down and disheartened not only with Football but with the UK in general, the recessions, the politicians...the weather! i had finally had enough and aged 39 with no family ties or children i decided to up sticks, i received a phone call from an old friend whilst i was at Pompey telling me about coaching oppurtunites in the States, i was tied down with work commitments at Portsmouth at the time but since the redundancy i decided to go over and start a new life.......

airplane-generic-1218.jpg

I spent around a month travelling the USA, mainly sightseeing, visiting places i'd never been before and wanted to visit, New York, Boston, Miami, LA, Philadelphia and Chicago.

7017585196fb48069b6755c1a0b583f5.jpg

Miami life, something i could easily get used to

I was to settle in Minnesota though as a friend of mine Carl Craig, a geordie lad was assistant coach at a team called the Minnesota Stars in the North American Soccer League put in a good word for me and after they had seen my CV they were all ears and before i knew it i was part of the coaching setup, however i was still struggling to come to terms with calling the game 'Soccer' it was against my beliefs really but i knew i would have to say the word through gritted teeth if i was to adapt to my new surroundings.

Minnesota was a nice place but the club was small, largely down to the fact it wasn't an MLS outfit, the owners there had plans and applications to eventually get the team into the MLS but according to Carl that was a long way off, nevertheless i had a foothold in US 'Soccer' with a professional club with a decent rep.

MinnesotaStars2012crest.png

a new start with the Stars

It was early December 2010 that my life would change substantially though, by this point i was first team coach with Minnesota. I had worked my way up the ranks there quickly, my visions for the club where clear and i was enjoying my time there and really finding my feet. The team was doing well on the pitch i had drawn up tactics and game plans for the head coach (Manny Lagos) and it really turned the teams fortunes around, my input hadn't gone unnoticed either, the Stars owner Mr Buchholz wanted private talks with me about taking over as head coach for the next season, it was greeted with mixed reactions by myself as i didn't agree with the way the man went about his business, afterall Lagos was still head coach and he was doing a good job albeit being the puppet of my plans and tactics but on the other hand i was delighted my hard work hadn't gone unnoticed by Buchholz.

It was a calm Sunday in Minnesota, i was relaxing planning for Christmas and thinking about the new NASL season which was due to start in Spring. it was around 2.30pm when my mobile rang with a number i did not recognise appearing on the screen, i decided to answer..

"Hello there is that Rob?"

"Err Yes" i replied hesitantly

"Hi its Ken Puckett here, Managing Director of the Portland Timbers of the MLS, how are you today?"

"I'm fine thanks Mr Puckett, what can i do for you?" i was a bit taken back by the call, what could he possibly want?

"Well Rob, i have been informed of your work with Minnesota and i'm very impressed and i have a proposition for you involving a new job opportunity for yourself if you're interested that is?"

"I'm all ears Mr Puckett"

"Please, Call me Ken, can you be in Portland on January 7th around 9am and we'll discuss terms?"

"Yes Ken that shouldn't be a problem, shall i inform my current employers?"

"It's the Off-Season right? you have time off, just enjoy Christmas and then come down and talk to us here in Portland and we'll take the rest from there ok?, i'll e-mail you the details"

"Yeah that sounds fine to me Ken, see you in in the new year and have a Merry Chrsitmas"

​That phone call was to change everything, what job opportunity could he mean? i kept saying to myself over and over. In the end i convinced myself it was a coaching position working alongside John Spencer the former Chelsea and Everton striker who was Head Coach there in Portland but for some reason i had feeling it would working with the youngsters, nevertheless it was a step up, i would be working in the MLS all i could do was wait until the new year...

January finally came around after a good Christmas, my first one in the States, I didn't do much apart from relax and think about the Portland phone call, i thought about moving to Oregon alot even though nothing was signed yet i knew it was an opportunity i had to take with both hands and i couldn't stop thinking about the venture with excitement, The Minnesota team never really crossed my mind.

top10-portland.jpg

I arrived in Portland for talks with the owners

I arrived in Portland a couple of days before i was due at the club for talks, I told Carl Craig about the phonecall from the Timbers, i thought it was only fair considering he helped get me a foothold in coaching over here, he seemed pleased for me and he promised me his lips were sealed on the matter. Whilst i was in Portland i went and caught a Basketball game at the Rose Garden, The LA Lakers were in town against Portland's very own Trail Blazers and having a slight interest in the sport i went along to see what all the fuss was about and how the fans took to sport over here in America also Kobe Bryant was playing, a great sports man.

JANUARY 7TH 2011

Portland-Timbers-Stadium-Renovation1.png
JELD-WEN Field - Home of the Portland Timbers

So the day had arrived and i had arrived at JELD-WEN field, which i was majorly impressed by. I did alot of research on the club or 'franchise' as our trans-Atlantic cousins call it. I was due to meet with Managing Director Ken Puckett who i spoke with on the phone and owner Merrit Paulson. I had heard Paulson was a young ambitious character who was only in his thirties and was a multi-millionaire who owned a successful business called Perengrine Sports Group which owned the Portland Timbers.

I went into to the boardroom inside the highly impressive stadium where i was greeted by Ken and Merrit Paulson. Paulson seemed like a vibrant and enthusiastic character with alot of ambition and vision for his franchise he had explained it took him years to get the Timbers where there are today and was a keen football fan we chatted briefly about English football, after half an hour or so of small talk we got to the reason they had invited me here...

Merrit: "Anyway Rob let's get down to the reason we're here today, we have a vacancy to fill and Ken and i believe you are the right man for the job"

Me: "I see, well Mr Paulson i am very keen to work here, it looks like you have a good setup here in Portland, the vacancy is what? Youth Development Coach? i have great experience in that field and i'm your man, look no further"

Paulson and Ken Puckett looked at one another with smiles on their faces

Ken: "No, No, No Rob, you're mistaken"

Me: "I see, well Mr Puckett you never really made yourself clear about the position in the e-mail or on the phone, what is the position tea lady?"

Merrit: (Laughs) "Gotta love the humour of you Brits, No we would like to offer you the position of Head Coach here at the Portland Timbers, myself and Ken are well aware of the work you have been doing in Minnesota in the NASL, you share our vision of the way soccer should be played, on the floor, with style and flair, passing soccer, fluent soccer or football if you wish, that Minnesota teams fortunes really turned around when you arrived there, we know you were the architect to the success there, you come from the land that brought the game to the world and you have played in the Premier League and we want you here at Portland to work with us in our first year in the Major League , what do you say?"

Me: (Paused for half a minute) "Wow!, Mr Paulson, i don't know what to say really, i'm gob smacked i thought i was coming here to start work with the youngsters, of course i'll do it, of course i'll come to Portland and be your Head Coach.... just one question though what about John Spencer? i thought he was Head Coach here?"

Merrit: "We came to a mutual decision that John wasn't the right man to lead us into this new era, he left here 3 days ago, it was all arranged before Christmas, the press aren't aware but they will be tomorrow, i'm delighted you have accepted Rob, Ken will contact Minnesota and agree a compensation package with them and i have drawn a contract up here, it is initially a one year deal worth $20,000 per month, how does that sound to you Rob?"

Me: "Where do i sign Mr Paulson?"

Merrit: (smiles) "Welcome to Portland!"

4882605921_924c861411.jpg

"Welcome to Portland" - My new boss Merrit Paulson

jumbo_shot74884331.jpg

Should've gotten into a fight and gone to live with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air...

A New Chapter

IMG_8886.jpg

"I am pleased to welcome our new Head Coach here at Portland Timbers...Mr Robbie Thompson"

That was the introduction given to me by owner Merrit Paulson at the press conference as i was unveiled to the US media. I was still in disbelief about the whole thing but my beaming smile told the whole story, however there was still a few doubts in my mind,mainly being that the system of the sport was totally different over here to back home, they have a draft system like all US sports and the rules regarding buying/selling players was completely different, the league setup...Eastern Conference and Western Conference (which is what Portland would compete in) i was also aware they use a trade system and all of these things were alot to take in but its something i would have to learn fast with only 2 months left until the start of the new MLS season. For now i was preparing myself for the questions from the media....

Reporter: "It must have come as quite a shock to you Robbie when you got the call right? are you pleased to be here in Portland?

Me: "Yes i was certainly taken back by the whole situation, it was a pleasant surprise but i am delighted to be here in Portland and i can't wait to get started!"

Reporter: "You have no previous experience of being a Head Coach how will that affect you?"

Me: "I have no previous experience of being a Head Coach that's right but you have to start somewhere don't you? it won't affect me much because i have experience in the game, i have played in the English Premier League, i have coached in England and America and i have learned alot, i'm still only 40 years old and i have more to learn but i am confident in my ability to succeed"

Merrit: "We believe we have made the right choice for the Timbers franchise, Robbie has proved himself to be a good coach at Portsmouth and Minnesota and we think he deserves a chance to prove himself here in Portland"

Reporter: "Still Mr Paulson this is still somewhat of a gamble right?"

Merrit: "You could say that yes but John Spencer never had real experience when he started here, we believe in giving young coaches a shot here and Robbie is very knowledgeable of the sport"

Reporter: "Rob, we are all interested to know the tactics you will employ here in the MLS, what style of soccer are you going to be getting the Timbers to play?"

Me: "My way is all about entertainment, i want to give the fans here in Portland a reason to come and watch the team, my teams in the past have played passing soccer, attacking soccer and that is the way i want the Timbers to play"

Reporter: "Interesting, have you met the players yet? and also will you going into the transfer market and making any new additions to the team?"

Me: "Yes i met the lads yesterday, they seem like an enthusiastic bunch, it's this teams first season in the MLS so there is a real buzz within the camp and hopefully that can be a catalyst to success"

Reporter: "And regarding new players? transfers?"

Merrit: "I will back Robbie and my MD Ken Puckett to make the right additions to this ball club, it is a matter we have discussed and we hope to be sat here within the coming weeks with new signings for the Timbers"

Reporter: "Thank you Mr Paulson, and finally you guys what are you're aims and ambitions for the Portland Timbers in the forthcoming MLS campaign?"

Me: "As it is the clubs first season in the MLS we want to make a good account of ourselves and provide a stepping stone for the next year and the year after that, and by making a good account of ourselves i mean on the pitch, getting my style of soccer out there for this league to see and hopefully the playoffs would be a nice bonus"

Merrit: "I totally agree with Robbie, we are not looking for instant success, if it happens it's a bonus but for now its all about establishing ourselves in the MLS, thanks guys that will be all"

merrit-paulsonjpg-b9fb1e092665b72d_large.jpg

​Merrit Paulson - The man with the plan

Transfers was something we hadn't discussed in great detail because my first priority would be my backroom team, as far as i was concerned i wanted to bring in my own team, i spoke with Ken and Merrit about this and they were fully supportive. "Bring in your own guys Rob, make yourself at home here, we will deal with the current staff members who are surplus to your requirements, they'll get a nice payoff so don't feel bad for them" were the words of Merrit.

I obliged and got down to business immediately, the guys who were here were John Spencer's guys so assistant coach Cameron Knowles, a 28 year old New Zealander was first to go followed by fitness coach Karim Derquaoi, and the physio team also head scout Andrew Turner, these guys did not meet my criteria so with buniness being business i informed Ken of my decisions and started work on bringing in my own team.​

Time to start work

I was adapting nicely to my new surroundings, my new home. I had been given the guided tour numerous times off various directors and Merrit Paulson who was constantly telling me about the history and tradition of the club, which i thought was great because the guy is clearly a football enthusiast and he's given me my shot at the big time so i would happily do the 'guided tour' 20 times a day for the man.

By far the strangest and bizzare introduction at the club and possibly in life though was when i was introduced to the clubs mascot.

"Rob i'd like you to meet Timber Joey!"

Timber Joey was a man, not in an animal costume or a furry suit, no, Timber Joey was just a man with a beard and hard hat, i found this strange to say the least and then Merrit explained to me the significance of Timber Joey to the club, as bizarre as it seemed to me apparently Timber Joey stands infront of one of the stands during the full 90 minutes of Portland's home games which is normal for a mascot right? the funny thing was though when Portland scores a goal the guy cuts a what is called a 'round' off the bottom of a large log with a chainsaw and presents it to the goalscorer(s) after the game, he also cuts one for the goalkeeper if he keeps a clean sheet! total madness but then again i was in America.

WD4054317@Soccer-Pre-Seas.jpg

Timber Joey hard at work!

Not to get sidetracked we were making progress with my backroom team, the pieces were in the puzzle just about, i had brought in fitness coach Simon Thadani who was previously fitness coach at Ipswich and physio Glynn Davies (both English) to work alongside the remaining staff that we decided to stay on, there was only two coincidentally, American coach Amos Magee and English goalkeeping coach Adam Smith who seemed like good people.

I was addressing the issues of the new scouting team, i made a few phone calls and pulled a few strings and i was pleased ex Sunderland manager, scout and youth coach Ricky Sbragia agreed to come over to the States to be our new head scout. Ex Brighton and Southampton scout Glenn Cockerill has also agreed to join the scouting team so we were making great progress.

Ricky-Sbragia-006.jpg

Ricky Sbragia - New Chief Scout

There was however two pieces of the puzzle left to fill, i needed an assistant manager and a first team coach. I wanted an assistant who had both good knowledge of the game and the MLS. I spoke to Ken Puckett about my dilemma and he had an ace up his sleeve, the guy we spoke to that Ken recommended to me hadn't been in coaching but was an ex USA international with great knowledge of US soccer and had played in the MLS aswell as in Europe AND World Cups, as soon as he mentioned he was keen to come to work in Portland i was all ears, the man would be a great addition to our team.......​

Hiccups along the way

When you're trying to do everything right there's always somethings that go wrong along the way, the first blip being mainly my difficulties to adapt to the MLS structure and rules, we were allowed what is known as two 'Designated Players' which basically means two players of which the club pays their wages and can pay those two players whatever they want, hence the reason the money men of the MLS have enticed mega names i.e LA Galaxy with David Beckham and New York with Thierry Henry with mega bucks. The rest of the players wages however are paid by the MLS and we are given a salary cap to work with. It's a complicated system to get your head around at first.

david-beckham-la-galaxy.jpg

We needed a Superstar in Portland

Our designated players or 'DP's' as they say are Kris Boyd formerly of Rangers and Middlesbrough, i was well aware of Boyd's pedigree and definitely thought he was worthy of being a DP, besides he bagged goals for fun in the SPL surely he could do it in the States right? The second DP however was a 24 year old Colombian central midfielder by the name of Chara, Diego Chara there was certainly a few raised eyebrows from my side about wether he was worthy of being one of our two designated players. After witnessing the guy in training on two occasions and after studying his history i wasn't totally enthralled with the man, he had one cap for Colombia to his name and had just arrived a couple of months back from Colombian first division side Deportes Quindio where he was a regular. I needed to speak with Ken (Puckett, Managing Director) about my concerns, I layed it down to Ken and basically told him if Portland has two DP slots they should be worthy and have great pedigree to be a designated player and i felt strongly that Chara wasn't worthy of being one of the two players.

chara_0.jpg

Diego Chara - man under question

"Well Rob, we worked hard to secure the signature of Diego, he only arrived here 2 months before you came here, he's fresh but i can see your point, so whats our plan? are you saying we should move this guy on? because i don't know if that can be possible, i have major doubts with this issue you have here"

Those were the words of Ken my managing director, as you can probably tell it wasn't really the response i was looking for i had to make my point loud and clear to this guy, so used a bit of the Cockney charm and swagger and reeled off what i would call a worldy speech to him.

"Ken, listen to me, i know what i am talking about here. We want the Portland Timbers to be huge right? we want success! we want a player that will get these fans flocking through the gates to see this team don't we? I speak with all due respect to you and the guys who brought him here when i say this...Diego Chara is not THAT player, he's just not good enough to ever be that player! We have two DP slots, only two, we both know that so why can't we move him on? it IS possible you just need to co-operate with me on this issue... Los Angeles has Beckham, New York has Henry... Portland NEEDS that kind of player, we need to show this league we mean business, are you with me?"

I could tell Kenny boy was impressed with what i had to say even though he seemed slightly ****** off, he thought i was maybe trying to undermine him but i said what had to be said.

"Okay, Okay Rob, we'll try and sort something out, i'll speak with Mr Paulson about this, i will give you a chance and go with you on this one, if you think it's in the best interest of this franchise we'll go for it"

I was relieved more than anything, he came round to my way eventually and was going to speak with Mr Paulson about the matter. I wanted to show these guys a was a tough character and not a pushover in the way i had heard John Spencer was, of course i was grateful they had given me the chance to shine but on the other hand i hand to be tough and firm with these guys, afterall they were businessmen at the end of the day and i was the football man.

There were more knock backs aswell, not just with the playing staff, the backroom team was something i was trying to address since day one and more bad news was on the way when i received a phone call from Ricky Sbragia's representative who basically said Ricky's had a change of heart and no longer wishes to come to the States... well that's just great, the guy was nailed down the week before, he'd agreed to everything, he did everything but sign the paper which were expecting him to sign in the coming days but hey that's football and we had been let down, cheers Ricky! The chief scout hunt continues...

image-9-for-gallery-sport-review-of-the-year-in-pictures-gallery-477023123.jpg

Sbragia's pulled the plug..

Better news was to follow though as i put together the final pieces of my backroom team. Paul Groves joined us to be our new first team coach, Paul was Avram Grant's first team coach and Portsmouth and West Ham and had been out of work since Grant left the Hammers, i knew him from my time at Pompey and he was keen to come to America and get started with us.

The search for my new assistant was over (finally) and after long drawn out talks with the mystery USA international between myself and Ken Puckett we were delighted to acquire the services of Brian McBride. Brian was the just the type of guy i needed beside me, he knew American soccer like the back of his hand and he was keen to get back into the game he loved, he retired last year aged 38 and with 95 caps for team USA he was definitely the right man for the job in mine and Ken's eyes and besides we seemed to get on well from the get go, we spoke about his time in the Premiership and living in London, I told him i was an admirer of his work afterall you don't often get many American outfield players come to the Premier League and carve out a successful career for years there such as Brian did.

bd0f8006c0e5a2d12c9220d6a3c7_grande.jpg

On board - Brian McBride

There was still certain issues that needed resolving before we went officially into pre-season with regards to bringing in players but now i had my backroom team we were ready to get down to business.....

Last edited:
The ball gets rolling..

0124_SPT_TimbersRichards_t640.jpg

"We are here at the Portland Timbers pre-season camp where it's been an interesting few weeks for new Head Coach Robbie Thompson as he prepares his team for the new MLS campaign, as we can see the team is training here behind me and Thompson has been busy introducing his three newest recruits to their new team mates this morning ahead of a busy and intense pre-season which they have ahead of them over the next month. Chad Freeman caught up with Robbie to chat about the off season and his new signings Dane Richards, Ugo Ihemelu and Kyle Asante, he had this to say...."

Reporter: "Hey Rob, so the hard work starts here then?"

Me: "The hard work definately begins here for the lads, we are all working extremely hard to ensure our team has a good pre-season and the best preparation possible for the new season"

Reporter: "You have been busy in the transfer market in the last fortnight bringing in three new faces are you happy with the deals done for Dane, Ugo and Kyle? tell us why you brought these guys here to Portland and what you feel they can add to your team.."

Me: "I am delighted to welcome all three of these lads to the Timbers family, as you know we acquired Dane Richards from the New York RedBulls , Dane will give us pace out wide which i thought this team was lacking, he is no stranger to the MLS he has made over 100 appearances in this league and he knows what is required of him, he caught my eye last season for New York and he was one of the first players on my list which i gave to Ken Puckett, Ken did well tying up the deal and were delighted Dane agreed to join..
​Ugo is another player that was on the radar from day one, again he also has a wealth of experience in the MLS and is a US international, we were pleased to strike a deal with FC Dallas for his signature. As you know he a psychical presence at centre back with a great work ethic and attitude towards soccer both Dane and Ugo are 27, they're in their prime and were delighted to have them here at Portland"

Reporter: "We agree and it has been viewed as great business from the media and well received from your fans, Tell the Timbers faithful about young Kyle Asante, as they don't know a great deal about this young pro, what can Kyle bring? and will he make an immediate impact?"

Me: "We brought Kyle here from Southend United back in England on a free transfer, he is a quick young striker with an eye for goal, he made a dozen appearances for Southend's first team last season but his chances have been limited since, he is only 19 and we signed him as one for the future really, he will go into the Development Squad for now and we'll see how the lad progresses but there is real potential there, it's there to see"

Portland_Timbers_Scarf_Pin_2011a__47338_thumb.jpg

RBNY11_Dane_Richards_Full_Body_007_4C.jpg
Ugo-Ihemelu-260x200.jpg
preview.jpg

New Boys in town - Dane Richards, Ugo Ihemelu and Kyle Asante

Myself and the behind the scenes team worked hard to secure our first signings, and i was delighted with the business we did. Obviously i had watched the MLS during my time in Minnesota so i had half decent knowledge of some of the players in the league. Dane and Ugo certainly caught my eye during games i saw on the television last season and i spoke in depth about them to Brian McBride and Ken Puckett. The outcome was a good one as we secured their signatures in what was a pretty straight forward procedure, in the MLS each team is given allocation funds in which you can use to buy players from other teams either in the MLS or from any other league. We were given a pot of $250,000 and we used most of that money securing the signatures of Dane (80k) and Ugo (100k) both well worth it if you ask me but time would tell on that front i suppose.

Kyle Asante was a kid i had heard about from a pal of mine Ricky Duncan who is a youth coach at Southend, he told me the lad had decent potential but Paul Sturrock (Southend manager) wasn't giving him many first team chances, probably because he insists on signing his son Blair who is coincidentally a striker everywhere he goes..but it's not what you know, it's who you know as the old saying goes, that was good news for us though as we picked Kyle up on a free transfer which was a canny bit of business, i will see how the lad does in the Development Squad and who knows maybe he'll get a chance.

The long running saga between myself and Ken Puckett about the designated player issue was gathering momentum however, i stood firm and basically said to Ken the club paid nothing for the player (Diego Chara) so why not let him leave for free? we put the word out around the MLS that Diego was available and within a week we received a phone call from the Colorado Rapids who had no DP's as it happened and we were able to strike a deal, as Diego was only on a small weekly wage for a DP ($4,500 p/w) the deal was concluded relatively easily. Diego Chara was now officially a Colorado Rapids player and i for one was pleased, i never had anything against the lad, he was a good player, just not good enough for me to be a designated player, i wanted a star in Portland, a bigger name....

chara_1_666106222.jpg

Diego Chara's pit stop in Portland was over

A big name is what i wanted for this team, not just a name but a leader.. someone with a touch of class. Myself and Ken spent over a week doing research, making phone calls to see if there was anybody who could fill our DP spot, it was a busy time with pre-season training camp upon us and i had to juggle training with finding this player. One phone call on a peaceful Tuesday night at my apartment would change that situation though as i was contacted by an agent from a sports group who have various agents working for them across the world.

"Is that Mr Rob Thompson? Hi it's Bruno Rocha here, football and sporting agent calling on behalf of Marco Kirdemir, we have heard through the grapevine you are looking for a new player for the MLS franchise Portland Timbers is that right my friend?"

"Yes Bruno that's correct, we have on designated player spot left in our team for the new season and we are on the lookout for a new player, not just any player though, i want a class player, a proper footballer, someone to get these Portland folk flocking through the gates to see my team, can you help me with that or are you wasting my time Bruno?"

"I don't waste time Mr Thompson, i have just the player for your team, he is everything you have described and more and it just so happens he is on holiday in LA at the moment too and he hassome interest of playing in the MLS, maybe we could meet, could you be in LA tomorrow night and we could discuss the matter further?"

23707hp2.jpg

Another significant phone call, this time from agent Bruno Rocha.

Who could he possibly be talking about? i asked myself, the call didn't sound like a wind up, he sounded professional, serious, legit. I did my research on the guy and checked out his portfolio of work and clients and agreed to meet him in Los Angeles which is further down the West Coast from Portland it was going to be about 2 hours on the plane and to be honest i was kind of excited to meet this mystery player.......

Back