toddzy

Reaction score
View attachment 1019636

Not since the great Jock Wallace had held the reins had a Scotsman been in charge of Sevilla. The colossal difference between Wallace and Todd however is rather vast.

Wallace of course had been and done it all when he left Rangers in the late 70s and took on the new challenge of moving to Andalusia come the mid 80s. The weather by all means would have helped him to settle faster. The honeymoon period didn’t last long though and he left after a season before having a short spell at Colchester.

Todd on the other hand is a young man - only 22 years old. His coaching experience comes in the form of a Continental Pro License, something which is held in the highest regard at top level football. A former scout for River Plate of Argentina, he has a long held passion for the South American game and highlighted in his first press conference who he would look to be building his team around for the next few seasons (we appreciated his optimism that he would be getting an extension on the 1 year deal he signed).

‘I’m here to build the future of this club. As much as anyone I was surprised by Unai’s (Emery) resignation, what a fantastic job he had done for this club and makes it all the more difficult to fill the void he has left. But, the show must go on and I am here to show you some positive, vibrant football with youth.’

The key word we picked up on was youth - and of course we pressed further.

‘The board and I have agreed we need to be looking to sign younger players for the future of this club. I will of course use my knowledge of the Argentine and express interest in this market. I appreciate I’m young and very much inexperienced but I am confident we can progress here.’

Todd didn’t stop there though and was quick to highlight that he would be invoking a similar rule to that of Roman Abrabimovic of Chelsea. The infamous rule is of course once a player is over the age of 30 they can only be offered a 1-year deal at a time unless they show drastic reason why this shouldn’t be the case.

‘In order for the younger players to show what they can do, sometimes you need to make a hard decision and let experienced head go. Everyone has to start somewhere right? I know this more than anyone right now.’

- - -
Hi folks - I'm hoping to update this a bit more later, just a quick opening draft to give you idea of where story will go. Started a save with Sevilla and obviously the aim is European dominance (isn't it always?). Where this save will go only time will tell, hope you enjoy and follow too.

Open to tips and advice as always.

Thanks

View attachment 1023785

It was important to Craig that he got his views across to the board in his first meeting since taking over. This was obviously a massive club with huge traditions, traditions he planned to extend and incorporate. But, in order to do so he wanted several of the current first team players out and wanted to bring in several younger players from other teams.

Furthermore, he wanted to visit the Under 19s, B & C squad to analyse any potential players he could promote internally.

So, as the lift reached level 13 and the doors glided open, Craig was ready and knew what he wanted to say.

He was prepared.

José Castro Carmona stood awaiting Craig's arrival and shook his hand vigerously upon exit. They walked together, not saying too much, down the open corridor towards the boardroom whereby they would discuss the future transfers of the club.

As the entered the room José gestured for Craig to sit down adjacent Juan Carlos Carcedo, Unai Emery's former assistant manager. His gaze was slighly uneasy, Craig wouldn't have expected anything less from the man. Juan wasn't aware though that his job was also under pressure as Craig had already got the ball rolling with getting his own assistant in from Scotland.

Nonetheless, Craig took his seat across from the two men and observed the sheet of paper infront of him. It contained several players names he recognised and several he did not. Some of the players were already registered with Sevilla, some were not.

'Craig, lets start shall we?' José said warmly. Craig nodded politely.

'Do you know of any our younger players you want to step up?' asked Juan.

'Yes, Jose Maria Amo, Carmona and Curro'. Craig responded.

'Only three?' Juan seemed confused and somewhat offended, José too.

'Three is fine for now, we will bring others in.' Craig suggesred calmly.

The two men looked at each other, Juan mumbling something very quietly to José with the latter nodding.

Craig grew frustrated watching the two men. Although his Spanish was good, he of course could not hear the mumbles.

'I want to be signing Emanuel Mammana. This Sevilla team will be required to understand how to pass and play from the back and this lad, along with Amo, are the future of our Sevilla defence to do this. Furthermore, we need to be looking at Gaston Gil Romero for CM - this means Steven N'Zonzi will be leaving.' Craig suggested.

'Steven has only been here for a year.' Juan retorted, before adding 'Unai spent a lot of time trying to get Stoke to sell.'

'Unai has moved on, Juan and you should too. Steven has no place in my team. Nor will Grzegorz Krychowiak & Nicolas Pareja. We need to be replacing our team from the back with players who will adapt to my way of playing. Andreu Fontas may be the calm head we would need as a replacement.' Craig said.

Juan seemed taken aback, it hadn't went as he had expected so far. Thus far he'd lost 3 players he had built a trust with over the last season whilst being told viciously to move on.

'Has anyone heard of Jose Luis Zalazar, or Kuki as he is known?' Craig prompted.

José shoke his head, Juan responded 'Yes, of Malaga'.

'Yes, I think we should move for him for when the contracts of Gamiero and Llorente expire. For a few years we have no need to replace them.' Craig added.

Juan nodded with José gauging from his reaction this was a good thing.

'Anything more Craig?' José pressed.

'That'll be all for now thank you.' Craig said, standing up and exiting before heading back towards the lift.

Like the look of this! Currently in the 2nd season as manager of Sevilla and really enjoying the team!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Like the look of this! Currently in the 2nd season as manager of Sevilla and really enjoying the team!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I had a season whereby I went from River to Genoa and ended up at Sevilla after that. I won the league but this was in 2020 so wanted to start one fresh and build the foundations my own way as opposed to using something else.

Hoping it goes as well. Curro and Amo turn out fantastic by the way.