mcbgun

Reaction score
The Formation

View attachment 269085

A 5-3-2 with attacking full backs, two attack minded centre mids and a deep lying playmaker to link defence to midfield with a false 9 and advanced forward upfront.

The Philosophy

Simple...attack! By holding a high defensive line, little space is given to the opposition who are forced to play in behind you...not easy...especially if you have the correct players with the right PPM's.

The wing backs constantly bomb on supplementing the attack with a variety of crosses into the box for the strikers as well as passes inside to the supporting midfielders who will either shoot or play through balls into the strikers.

The false 9 creates space for everyone up front, or for himself, or he plays through balls or he scores screamers from distance as do the other midfielders!

The advanced forward will most likely end up top scorer and will score a variety of goals.

Shouts

At start (strategy is default which is attack)

View attachment 269086

If needing a goal (if 1+ goal down on 60 mins or if 2+ at any time,
change strategy to overload from 70+ minutes)

View attachment 269087

If winning at 60 mins (change strategy to contain)

View attachment 269088

Does it work with any team?

I've tested with two extremes with fantastic success...Man Utd (in full mode not classic)& Aguia de Maraba in classic mode (predicted to finish last in the Third Division so essentially the worst team you can pick in Brazil).

Team Training (full mode - see below, same principle)

View attachment 269082

Team Training (classic - this is for my underdog team so depending on league and busyness of schedule and quality of player...adjust workload until you find the right balance)

View attachment 269081

Individual Training

GK – GK defend

WB's – Wing back Attack

CD's – Central Defender Defend

MIDS – Roaming Playmaker

F9 – F9

AF – AF

Set Pieces

Self explanatory....they are all set up and you will score a decent amount of goals from them if you put the right players in the right positions.

PPM'S (all credit goes to Guide to Football Manager | FM 2015 Guide)
View attachment 269083

Tips for Medium to Large Teams:

Continuity is king. By that I mean unless a player in your squad has no benefit to the formation whatsoever i.e. maybe a winger with terrible defensive stats that can't be trained to a wing back) try and use what you have and only cut loose those who won't work. This keeps squad harmony and morale up which is of greater benefit as players will perform to their maximum ability when they have positive morale.

Scouting

Depending on the sizeof your club send scouts to individual nations. Start with the obvious ones and then as you grow the club or are allowed more scouts, branch further out to other nations.

Set your parameters to look for age 15 – 18, current ability half star and potential ability 4 ½ starts to only look for gems.

Buying and selling

Do whatever you can to pay as little up front or over X months as you can for gems. Why? If they don't progress as well as you'd like they will still improve in value and the X amount you paid after league appearances / per league appearance / after international appearances / minimum league goals is null and void thus saving you a boat load of cash and helps funds the next gem!

Tips For Small Teams:

Don't both scouting,your scouts will be rubbish. My formation has clear roles defined with no individual player instructions except the GK to distribute to the wing backs.

Create filters for each position and play around with the value of the stats and number of stats to match until you start finding the players that fit the role.This tactic performs well with fast players who are strong but do what you can to get the best players that fit each role using the budget you have.

I didn't spend much money at all with Aguia de Maraba (as you can see in the screenshots below) and relied on loans with no monthly contribution (essentially free players) to populate my squad for the demands of the ridiculous Brazilian schedule. Any money I did spend was from prize money from cup runs

Recommended Reading

I purchased the ebook from The Raumdeuter - A blog leaning towards football analysis, player recruitment and scouting from around the world: team and player reports, interviews, analysis & more.- “fm15-cant-win-to-champion”

It's not a shameless plug....it helped me with team talks in normal mode which I know for a fact improved my results instantly as well as consistency.

Results

Man Utd

View attachment 269084

Aguia de Maraba (my current save)

View attachment 266003 View attachment 266002

View attachment 266001

View attachment 266000
View attachment 265999

Latest Update (9/6/15) - Straight promotions from the Third to First Division!!!

View attachment 257755

View attachment 257756

Latest Update (14/6/15) - Finished 3rd in my first season in the First Division!!

View attachment 255506

More screenies!

View attachment 255511
View attachment 255510
View attachment 255509
View attachment 255508
View attachment 255507

Last edited:
The Philosophy

Simple...attack! By holding a high defensive line, little space is given to the opposition who are forced to play in behind you...not easy...especially if you have the correct players with the right PPM's.

and link the counter version.. seems legit

Is the stratagy for needing a goal still counter??

Strategy by default should be attack.....always.....

Only time it changes is contain at 60 mins using 3rd set of shouts to maintain lead......you will still score and it doesn't make you a sitting duck. ..

And overload from 70+ minutes if still losing with need a goal shouts.

The Philosophy

and link the counter version.. seems legit

Sorry i don't understand....are you asking if there is a counter version of the tactic?

It's plug and play....only time strategy is changed is as mentioned in couple of posts above.

Strategy by default should be attack.....always.....

Only time it changes is contain at 60 mins using 3rd set of shouts to maintain lead......you will still score and it doesn't make you a sitting duck. ..

And overload from 70+ minutes if still losing with need a goal shouts.

I ask because I downloaded the tactic and it was set to "counter" and WB's are on Support

Last edited:
Ok also says nothing about overload in the OP!
plz can u stat clearly what is needed strategy wise for each set of shouts/TI's
thank u
P.S. Love the idea of the tactic

I ask because I downloaded the tactic and it was set to "counter" and WB's are on Support

Massive error on my part....uploaded the wrong file....new file attached...let me know if you get the same thing.

Just to reiterate guys...this tactic is attack based. Counter is never used. Please see the shouts section for the only times where strategy is changed from the default of attack namely to either contain or overload depending on the situation.

Try and get fast defenders with good positioning and if you can, a fast gk with good rushing out. If managing an underdog team...get the best you can.

OP updated to show latest results for underdog team. Tactic is working perfectly. Note results against Vitoria and Athletico Mineiro...2 huge Brazilian clubs!

Also testing with a couple of adjusted shouts for needing a goal and retaining lead....watch this space!

Hey guys....I'm now convinced that this tactic works with any team. Bit of common sense with the players but essentially I plugged this into the worst team in Brazil and in 4 seasons I have got them into the First Division. Just to give you an idea of how many games my keeper had to play in a year......77! Brazil is extreme in how many games you play.

Note that I also managed to win the Cope Verde as well....nice little minor cup win!

I've also made the Quarter Finals of the Brazilian Cup 3 out of 4 seasons.....not bad!

See OP for update on my latest save with my Brazilian Underdog team. Have been offered every job under the sun in Brazil! Palmeiras have offered me a job and I'll accept that and attempt to win the First Division before moving onto Argentina to try and clean up in South America!