Logorex

Reaction score
Introduction:

I've been a die-hard fan of The Beautiful Game since 2002, when South Korea, the country I was living in hosted the FIFA World Cup. I watched in awe as France and Portugal painfully crashed out of the Group Stages while the United States and Germany progressed, and as South Korea, aided by the referees, made it all the way to the semi-finals until they were finally beaten by Germany. After this World Cup, the excitement of watching was still felt in me. I thirsted for more of the sport, but thanks to the wonderful dial-up internet we had, I had little opportunity to do so.

In 2005, South Korea started to broadcast the games of Manchester United. Why? In the summer of 2005,a South Korean midfielder, Park Ji-Sung, made his move across the English Channel from PSV. South Koreans are always fiercely patriotic, and saw this as a sort of honor to their whole nation. I started watching some of the games and appreciated the brand of football played by the Red Devils. I couldn't understand why someone who looked like a human Shrek was playing, but I just went with it.

It was in the 2006-2007 season that I found my first and greatest love. September 16, 2006. Manchester United were hosting Arsenal FC and the commentators predicted a win to the Red Devils. I was thoroughly enticed by the game, as I found the logo of Arsenal amusing. A cannon? How strange. Twenty minutes in, I fell in love with the passing of Cesc Fabregas, and the artistic flair of Tomas Rosicky and Aliaksandr Hleb. I felt myself gravitate to the slick passing game that Arsenal play and to the funny man in the suit waving his arms around, Arsene Wenger. When Adebayor scored in the 86th​ minute, I got up and cheered. I felt wonderfully warm inside, and knew that THIS was what I had been longing for. Arsenal FC, the Gunners. I became a Gooner.
With this relationship with the club, I've had some of the greatest high points (Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona, Arsenal 7-5 Reading, and many other great wins) and some of the most depressing moments (leg-breakers, shameful referees, failed cup finals, etc.). Even so, I've been a faithful Gooner as any.

However, the past few seasons have been frustrating. The club I had expected to challenge for trophies was not doing so. The young world-class players we built up left for sizable sums, but I kept my temper in check, even as I watched Toure, Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy, and Fabregas crumble away from the team.This last summer, however, finally cemented my utter resentment for the board, who seemed content only turning profits. It was out of this frustration, my friends, that I conceived this challenge.

The Arsenal Way, cont.

The Challenge:

As I've stated before, I've become frustrated with the way the board operates. Allowing the contracts of important first team members to run out into the last year only to force the player out of the club was something I swore I'd never do. I also swore that I would keep every star I'd ever raised from the moment they pen the youth contract. I've held myself up to this in every save of Arsenal I've ever done (barring a few times, but that's a different story).

However, after this summer's transfer saga (I don't need to mention anything, really) I was so mad that I decided to satirize the "Arsenal problem" with an FM 2012 save. I drew out careful plans and restrictions, but I never acted upon anything. After this current poor run of form, I decided that enough was enough.

Here is what I have to do:
1. Never spend more than I make in a transfer window.
2. Sell my captain and/or best player if a sizable offer comes in for them.
3. Sell any player who has a contract running out in the following summer if I had not managed to tie them down to a long term contract before.
4. Accept offers from Manchester City and Barcelona.
5. Replace any lost players with some promising youth players, either promoted or purchased.

This won't be fun. .__.

My Goals:

Well, I'm hoping I can manage to keep my star players. However, since Gazidis and Kroenke WILL be twats, I won't keep my hopes too high.
I'm aiming to transform Arsenal into something beyond this world through my amazing tactics, shrewd spending, and classy charm. I want to take this: View attachment 289265 AND TURN IT INTO THIS: View attachment 289266

HECK YEAHHHHH!
Hopefully, by the end, we won't be...this...
View attachment 289267

But yeah...like I said, not keeping my hopes too high up...

History, Facilities, Misc.:

Come on, I don't have to go over this. At all.
There have been so many Arsenal careers done that you should already know all that ****.
So yeah, I'm going to skip over that.

Last edited:
Before I start this, guys, I just have to ask, do you want me to use this current season's team rosters, or the default rosters of FM 2012? Input would be great!

That would be the difference between having RvP or Giroud.

Last edited:
Looks like a difficult challenge. Good luck, sounds fun and frustrating, much like the Gunners this season!

Looks like a difficult challenge. Good luck, sounds fun and frustrating, much like the Gunners this season!

Thanks! :D
I still want a tangible answer to that question, so yeah. :p I can't actually start anything until I get that answer. :pP

Before I start this, guys, I just have to ask, do you want me to use this current season's team rosters, or the default rosters of FM 2012? Input would be great!

That would be the difference between having RvP or Giroud.

I don't mind you using the default as long as you offload RVP straight away. ;)

I don't mind you using the default as long as you offload RVP straight away. ;)

That's what I was thinking of doing, but it looks like I'm going to be stuck using the LFC Marshall update. xD

Well, I was going to update maybe tonight.
But I've suddenly lost all motivation to touch anything Arsenal-related.
Sorry, guys.

i use 4-5-1..now top in the league..only defeat against stoke n man city coz all player less fitness

keeper-szczesny
central def left - vermaelen
central def right - koscielny
fullbacks left - gibbs
fullbacks right - sagna
defensive midfield(set anchorman) - i buy de rossi
central mid left(set deep lying playmaker) - aaron ramsey
central mid right(set advance playmaker) - wilshere
right wings(set inside forward) - theo walcott
left wings(set inside forward) - cazorla
striker( set poacher) - podolski

sub:giroud,santos,arteta,chamberlain,mertesacker,g ervinho,jenkinson.djorou,fabianski,diaby,frimpong,

i sell chamakh,squillaci,arshavin,rosicky

u can try this tactic for arsenal...try to get de rossi or another good dm like fellaini,sven bender

set ur team training TEAMWORK for 2 month and u can see ur result...reply me ok